    own number, and got my normal Call Minder voice message.)

    I wonder if they're using their own VOIP system, and so that got knocked off
    when their Internet went.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 25, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > My ADSL was out for about an hour from just after 5pm today. When it didn't
    > come up after 45 minutes, I tried calling iHug, but couldn't get through.
    > Interestingly, there wasn't even a "number unobtainable" tone--just some
    > weird random noise on the line. (Just to check my line was OK, I called my
    > own number, and got my normal Call Minder voice message.)
    >
    > I wonder if they're using their own VOIP system, and so that got knocked off
    > when their Internet went.

    Yes they are and yes it normally does. Yet another reason i left them.

    From their status page:

    Internal phone outage 2007-07-25 17:28:38
    Some Ihug customers may not be able to call the Ihug contact centre
    Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve this as
    soon as possible

    We're sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you

    EMB, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message news:46a6fae2$...
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> My ADSL was out for about an hour from just after 5pm today. When it
    >> didn't
    >> come up after 45 minutes, I tried calling iHug, but couldn't get through.
    >> Interestingly, there wasn't even a "number unobtainable" tone--just some
    >> weird random noise on the line. (Just to check my line was OK, I called
    >> my
    >> own number, and got my normal Call Minder voice message.)
    >>
    >> I wonder if they're using their own VOIP system, and so that got knocked
    >> off
    >> when their Internet went.

    > Yes they are and yes it normally does. Yet another reason i left them.
    >
    > From their status page:
    >
    > Internal phone outage 2007-07-25 17:28:38
    > Some Ihug customers may not be able to call the Ihug contact centre
    > Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve this as
    > soon as possible
    >
    > We're sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you

    LOL they switched it off rather than deal with thousands of angry callers..

    There's a thread running on PCworld forum/..

    Craig Sutton, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    John Guest

    > My ADSL was out for about an hour from just after 5pm today. When it
    > didn't
    > come up after 45 minutes, I tried calling iHug, but couldn't get through.
    > Interestingly, there wasn't even a "number unobtainable" tone--just some
    > weird random noise on the line. (Just to check my line was OK, I called my
    > own number, and got my normal Call Minder voice message.)
    >
    > I wonder if they're using their own VOIP system, and so that got knocked
    > off
    > when their Internet went.

    ihug = vodafone . You should contact vodafone if you can't get through, as
    they are now the same company.

    John, Jul 27, 2007