    Bye IHUG I can't say it has been a pleasure over the last 8 plus years.
    Tolerable to poor is probably a better way to describe it.

    Anony Mouse
    Anony Mouse, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Anony Mouse

    Miguel Guest

    Hello Mr Mouse....It's good to see people being pro-active.

    <snip Anony Mouse>
    > My exchange is not capable of full speed

    </snip>

    Just wondering. From where did you get the specs for your local
    exchange.

    Regards
    Miguel
    Miguel, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Anony Mouse

    Vista Guest

    "Anony Mouse" <> wrote in message
    > Finally I have decided to move to dsl.
    >
    > IHUG give me no real incentive to remain with them.
    >
    > Orcon do... Free modem, two months free and a suitable 256/128 5gb data
    > plan.
    >
    > My exchange is not capable of full speed so why should I subsidize others?
    > IHUG only offers full speed plans and very poor data cap offerings.
    >
    > Bye IHUG I can't say it has been a pleasure over the last 8 plus years.
    > Tolerable to poor is probably a better way to describe it.
    >
    > Anony Mouse

    With orcon you are tied into a fixed term contract, which makes it difficult
    to move if their service isn't good. I am using slingshot, with no contract,
    and it s cheaper too.
    Vista, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Anony Mouse

    anony mouse Guest

    Miguel wrote:
    > Hello Mr Mouse....It's good to see people being pro-active.
    >
    > <snip Anony Mouse>
    >
    >>My exchange is not capable of full speed

    > </snip>
    >
    > Just wondering. From where did you get the specs for your local
    > exchange.
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel

    Greetings Miguel

    Orcon has it as part of their sign up process...

    Just give the web form your phone number and it tells you if it is a
    full speed capable exchange.

    Regards
    Anony Mouse
    anony mouse, Dec 29, 2006
  5. Anony Mouse

    anony mouse Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > "Anony Mouse" <> wrote in message
    >
    > With orcon you are tied into a fixed term contract, which makes it difficult
    > to move if their service isn't good. I am using slingshot, with no contract,
    > and it s cheaper too.

    After spending 8 years with IHUG I am prepared to give Orcon a good go
    at getting it right... That is if they have not. By the way I did talk
    to other Orcon users I know first.

    Plus I know where to talk to one of the admins on the net which I have
    been doing tonight.... Very timely of him to pop up on channel. He
    sorted the nntp issue that I had... Telecom assigned a new ip range to
    dsl customers... Within minutes of telling him it (nntp access) was up
    and running... The help desk also helped me straight away with outgoing
    mail temp fix until the admin could fix it tomorrow...

    Now thats the kind of service that I like to see...

    But sometimes it is who you know and one of the reasons I chose Orcon...

    I would recommend Orcon but probably I am not the norm for user
    experience... But then again I dare say the help team would have sorted
    the issues I raised in a timely manner without me having to talk to the
    admin.

    Anony Mouse
    A very happy Orcon new user.
    anony mouse, Dec 29, 2006