IHug do deal with the devil

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Sorry cant find the thread where I say Ihug was taking Telecom to ComCom
    over the 3.5 BB
    But heres the latest announcement
    http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=60750
    hug and Call Plus allowed access to 3.5 megabit broadband but Slingshot says
    speeds still too slow

    Two internet companies have won a concession from Telecom, allowing them
    access to 3.5 megabit broadband.

    Ihug and Call Plus will be able to launch the services next week. The move
    comes as an application goes before the Commerce Commission attempting to
    force Telecom to make full speed broadband available.

    Slingshot CEO Annette Presley says this latest announcement is nothing to
    skite about. She says it simply means the companies will now able to resell
    a very slow, ordinary service.

    __EOF__
    I wonder now if Ihugs pricing will reflect Orcons <gulp>

    Shane, Mar 28, 2006

  2. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Shane wrote:

    > Sorry cant find the thread where it says Ihug was taking Telecom to ComCom
    > over the 3.5 BB
    > But heres the latest announcement
    > http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=60750
    > Ihug and Call Plus allowed access to 3.5 megabit broadband but Slingshot
    > says speeds still too slow
    >
    > Two internet companies have won a concession from Telecom, allowing them
    > access to 3.5 megabit broadband.
    >
    > Ihug and Call Plus will be able to launch the services next week. The move
    > comes as an application goes before the Commerce Commission attempting to
    > force Telecom to make full speed broadband available.
    >
    > Slingshot CEO Annette Presley says this latest announcement is nothing to
    > skite about. She says it simply means the companies will now able to
    > resell a very slow, ordinary service.
    >
    > __EOF__
    > I wonder now if Ihugs pricing will reflect Orcons <gulp>

    corrected (I should really take deep breaths BEFORE I post :)

    Shane, Mar 28, 2006