    Regards

    Kevin

    PS; Remember, Amateurs built the ark .... Professionals built the Titanic

    Kevin, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Kevin

    gimp Guest

    Kevin wrote:
    > Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
    > unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

    heh probly, i slow dial-up on ihug over the past couple months. my
    bliink broadband just went active today...
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! <@:)

    gimp, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Kevin

    gimp Guest

    gimp, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Kevin wrote:
    > Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
    > unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

    do you mean the initial connection speed? or the throughput that you are
    getting?

    what area?
    have you called ihug about it?
    when did it start?
    are you wanting help with it? or just to rant?
    what operating system?
    what type of modem?
    anything else connected to the line?
    using extension cables?

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 15, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 15, 2004
  6. Kevin

    steven Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:43:09 +1300, Kevin wrote:

    > Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
    > unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

    two words, school holidays.

    all the kiddies are downloading music & games (saves paying for them)

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Steven H (.net geek)

    steven, Dec 15, 2004
  7. Kevin

    steven, Dec 15, 2004
  8. Kevin

    Guest

    Yes, I tried unsuccessfully to connect at 10.10 a.m. and then, after
    finally getting through, it took about three minutes before the
    nz.politics page on Google Groups downloaded.

    I just gave up in disgust.
    However, this evening (it's 9:15 now) it's okay.

    , Dec 15, 2004

  10. Kevin

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Kevin" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
    > unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

    > Regards
    >
    > Kevin

    Your other option is to just MOVE.
    You could be in for surpise at the good service some ISPs offer.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Dec 15, 2004
  11. Kevin

    E. Scrooge Guest

    E. Scrooge, Dec 15, 2004
  12. Kevin

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:05:40 +1300, steven <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:43:09 +1300, Kevin wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone else notice that the IHUG dialup has deteriated to nearly
    >> unusable. It this to persuade us to move to broadband !!!

    >two words, school holidays.
    >
    >all the kiddies are downloading music & games (saves paying for them)

    Hell Yeah!!

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Dec 15, 2004