  1. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    Why do I always get stupid messages when I try to post to ihug.general

    "14/07/2005 22:31:53 Error reported by Server: 441 437 EMP rejected
    (md5).:

    Rob J, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Rob J

    Matty F Guest

    Rob J wrote:

    > Why do I always get stupid messages when I try to post to ihug.general
    >
    > "14/07/2005 22:31:53 Error reported by Server: 441 437 EMP rejected
    > (md5).:

    You could look it up in Google, which might say:
    "the newsserver thinks that the post was spam (due to seeing too
    many messages of exactly the same length from the same posting host)"

    Matty F, Jul 14, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    am says...
    > 437 EMP rejected

    A quick google might've led you to this faq article from
    news.individual.net

    begin quote >>>
    Some of my articles are rejected by the server. What does the error
    message "437 EMP rejected" mean?
    There is a program called "cleanfeed" running on our server.
    It checks postings for SPAM, binaries, etc. and rejects the posting if
    necessary. A typical characteristic of SPAM is a large number of very
    similar articles. cleanfeed tries to identify and block such articles.

    If your posting is rejected with the "EMP" (Excessive Multi-Posting)
    message, this happens because identical (or very similar) articles have
    been posted - by you or other users - within a certain time span.

    This can happen if your internet provider uses dynamic IP numbers and
    has given you the same IP number that another customer has just used
    while posting via our server. It can also happen with postings that have
    the same content by coincidence (such as test postings). One or more of
    these reasons can be applicable in your specific case.

    In most cases a small modification of your posting will solve the
    problem - you might need to change the subject.

    <<< end quote.

    I myself have never encountered a 437 when posting to ihug.general yet.

    cheers, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jul 14, 2005