    month instead of the 1st. They didn't say why.
    I would have thought that they would reset the bandwidth usage checker as
    well and align that with the 12th of each month.
    Whalemeat is Yummy, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Whalemeat is Yummy

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:21:34 +1300, "Whalemeat is Yummy" <> wrote:

    >Anyone else had trouble with their newsgroups?
    >
    >One day it just wouldn't work and all the newgroups except one dissappeared
    >for a couple of weeks.
    >
    >I would reset everyday to get an updated list until recently it started to
    >work again.

    It's been going fine for me. I only follow a few nz newsgroups though, and use
    the Auckland server.
    Craig Shore, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Whalemeat is Yummy

    EMB Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:21:34 +1300, "Whalemeat is Yummy" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Anyone else had trouble with their newsgroups?
    >>
    >>One day it just wouldn't work and all the newgroups except one dissappeared
    >>for a couple of weeks.
    >>
    >>I would reset everyday to get an updated list until recently it started to
    >>work again.

    > It's been going fine for me. I only follow a few nz newsgroups though, and use
    > the Auckland server.

    There's been something going on with certain IP addresses being blocked
    by ihug's newsserver. Have a look in ihug.general for a couple of
    threads about it.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Whalemeat is Yummy

    David Butler Guest

    yes, it was dead for a a long time, but it all seems to be working again
    now.

    David Butler, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Whalemeat is Yummy

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:57:15 +1300, EMB wrote:

    > Craig Shore wrote:
    >> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:21:34 +1300, "Whalemeat is Yummy" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Anyone else had trouble with their newsgroups?
    >>>
    >>>One day it just wouldn't work and all the newgroups except one dissappeared
    >>>for a couple of weeks.
    >>>
    >>>I would reset everyday to get an updated list until recently it started to
    >>>work again.

    >> It's been going fine for me. I only follow a few nz newsgroups though, and use
    >> the Auckland server.

    > There's been something going on with certain IP addresses being blocked
    > by ihug's newsserver. Have a look in ihug.general for a couple of
    > threads about it.

    I use news.chc.ihug.co.nz as my news server, and haven't had any problems.
    Maybe I have a lucky IP address???
    Steve, Jan 21, 2006
  6. didnt know that group existed. I'll check it out.
    Thanks
    Whalemeat is Yummy, Jan 21, 2006