    Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p apps
    run at a decent speed?

    nzwarrior, Mar 27, 2006

  2. nzwarrior

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    nzwarrior wrote:
    > Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    > increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p apps
    > run at a decent speed?

    Generally I get close to the 2mb downstream that I pay for on everything,
    but I've noticed lately that my upstream has been very inconsistent (I do a
    bit of ftp uploading). Just for the last week or two.

    Nik Coughlin, Mar 27, 2006

  3. nzwarrior

    Chris Hope Guest

    nzwarrior wrote:

    > Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    > increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p apps
    > run at a decent speed?

    It may pay to wait and see how much Ihug are going to charge before
    changing over, assuming they are going to move to the 3.5mb plans
    anytime soon.

    Chris Hope, Mar 27, 2006
  4. nzwarrior

    Andrew Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:
    > nzwarrior wrote:
    >
    >> Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    >> increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p apps
    >> run at a decent speed?

    > It may pay to wait and see how much Ihug are going to charge before
    > changing over, assuming they are going to move to the 3.5mb plans
    > anytime soon.

    isnt it ihug and slingshot that are refusing to go with telecom?

    Andrew, Mar 27, 2006
  5. nzwarrior

    Chris Hope Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> nzwarrior wrote:
    >>
    >>> Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    >>> increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p
    >>> apps run at a decent speed?

    >> It may pay to wait and see how much Ihug are going to charge before
    >> changing over, assuming they are going to move to the 3.5mb plans
    >> anytime soon.
    >>

    > isnt it ihug and slingshot that are refusing to go with telecom?

    That's why I added the last sentence ;) They may well not take on the
    new plans at all, but it may pay to wait another couple of weeks before
    deciding to switch so a comparison can be made between the major ISPs
    and all the the new pricing models.

    Chris Hope, Mar 27, 2006
  6. nzwarrior

    MarkH Guest

    Andrew <> wrote in news:442859A0.60501
    @wetaeffects.co.nz:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> nzwarrior wrote:
    >>
    >>> Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    >>> increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p apps
    >>> run at a decent speed?

    >> It may pay to wait and see how much Ihug are going to charge before
    >> changing over, assuming they are going to move to the 3.5mb plans
    >> anytime soon.
    >>

    > isnt it ihug and slingshot that are refusing to go with telecom?

    Who are they going with then?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Mar 27, 2006
  7. nzwarrior

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    nzwarrior wrote:
    > Am thinking of changing isp from Orcon to Ihug, due to the new price
    > increases on Orcon. How is the speed / latency on ihug? Do p2p apps
    > run at a decent speed?

    I was too but I had a question to ask so I sent them an email. I got
    an automated reply a day later with a text version of their pricing
    plans as listed on their website (which I had already looked at) and a
    couple of days after that I got a blank email. Question was never
    answered so I sent an email to slingshot and got a sensible reply so I
    signed up.

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 28, 2006