    all). Sometimes even task manager won't open. This is on XP Home.

    Anyone come across this before?

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Rider wrote:
    > Client has been sent (or purchased) a Dlink DSL200 USB ADSL modem from Ihug.
    > All setup ok, except his computer has slowed to a crawl while the modem is
    > connected to the pc.

    > Anyone come across this before?

    yep, USB is a hell of a resource hog, although this sounds extreme with
    a capital X.

    The problems I've had in the past have been sorted by a driver upgrade,
    or, if none availible, switching to the RJ45 connection(if it has one)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    > Rider wrote:
    >> Client has been sent (or purchased) a Dlink DSL200 USB ADSL modem from
    >> Ihug. All setup ok, except his computer has slowed to a crawl while the
    >> modem is connected to the pc.

    >> Anyone come across this before?

    > yep, USB is a hell of a resource hog, although this sounds extreme with a
    > capital X.
    >
    > The problems I've had in the past have been sorted by a driver upgrade,
    > or, if none availible, switching to the RJ45 connection(if it has one)

    Apparently his kid wants to connect his Playstation2 to ADSL, so are looking
    at getting a switch. But this modem is USB only (eewww).

    I'll try a downloaded driver from Dlink.

    Thanks very much

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Re: Ihug/Bliink DSL200

    In article <mnH2e.14219$>,
    "Rider" <> wrote:

    >But this modem is USB only (eewww).

    The reasons not to buy such things just keep mounting up. Why do people
    sell them?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Rider

    Richard Guest

    Re: Ihug/Bliink DSL200

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <mnH2e.14219$>,
    > "Rider" <> wrote:
    >

    >>But this modem is USB only (eewww).

    > The reasons not to buy such things just keep mounting up. Why do people
    > sell them?

    Because people want them?

    Richard, Apr 2, 2005