    I opt out of the contract?

    I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    Deck, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Deck

    Shane Guest

    Deck wrote:

    > Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
    > a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
    > applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
    > of $99 will be payable.
    >
    > I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
    > before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
    > I opt out of the contract?
    >
    > I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    > I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    Get the modem free?

    --
    Rule 6: There is no Rule 6.

    Shane, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Deck

    Deck Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > Deck wrote:
    >
    >> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
    >> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
    >> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
    >> of $99 will be payable.
    >>
    >> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
    >> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
    >> I opt out of the contract?
    >>
    >> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    >> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    > Get the modem free?

    no, there's no free modem. the plan was designed for
    those who currently have broadband but want to
    jump to another ISP.

    Deck, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Deck

    juicyjuice Guest

    the free modem they usually offer isnt worth the box its in anyway
    no ethernet, no firewall or router
    i didnt even bother unwrapping it, just went and got a decent one
    if neone wants it - let me know^

    juicyjuice, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Deck

    Guest

    Deck wrote:

    > Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
    > a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
    > applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
    > of $99 will be payable.
    >
    > I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
    > before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
    > I opt out of the contract?
    >
    > I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    > I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.

    On the webpage I was looking at....

    http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/specialoffer_50.html

    it's mentioned four times for four different things

    $99 connection fee......
    early disconnection fee of $99.......
    $99 fee for downgrading plans......
    $99 reconnection fee......

    It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
    :)

    Regards
    Miguel

    , Apr 12, 2006
  6. Deck

    Deck Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Deck wrote:
    >
    >> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
    >> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
    >> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
    >> of $99 will be payable.
    >>
    >> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
    >> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
    >> I opt out of the contract?
    >>
    >> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    >> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    > I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.
    >
    > On the webpage I was looking at....
    >
    > http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/specialoffer_50.html
    >
    > it's mentioned four times for four different things
    >
    > $99 connection fee......
    > early disconnection fee of $99.......
    > $99 fee for downgrading plans......
    > $99 reconnection fee......
    >
    > It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
    > :)
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel

    exactly what putting me off from ditching Orcon. the $99 ihug connection fee
    and
    possible $150 Orcon disconnection fee.

    Deck, Apr 12, 2006
  7. Deck

    J Brockley Guest

    "Deck" <> wrote in message news:e1hv7f$d83$...

    > <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Deck wrote:
    >>
    >>> Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
    >>> a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
    >>> applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
    >>> of $99 will be payable.
    >>>
    >>> I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
    >>> before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
    >>> I opt out of the contract?
    >>>
    >>> I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    >>> I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    >> I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.
    >>
    >> On the webpage I was looking at....
    >>
    >> http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/specialoffer_50.html
    >>
    >> it's mentioned four times for four different things
    >>
    >> $99 connection fee......
    >> early disconnection fee of $99.......
    >> $99 fee for downgrading plans......
    >> $99 reconnection fee......
    >>
    >> It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
    >> :)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Miguel
    >>

    > exactly what putting me off from ditching Orcon. the $99 ihug connection
    > fee and
    > possible $150 Orcon disconnection fee.

    Seems quite clear to me. There is no connection or transfer fee (norm $99)
    and free modem (norm $99 or +$50 for router or +$150 for wireless). Only
    criteria is sign up for 12 months or else your last bill is + $99.
    Whats hard about that?

    J Brockley, Apr 12, 2006
  8. Deck

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Deck" <> wrote in message news:e1hnk8$jua$...
    > Says on their website, customers will be required to pay
    > a $99 connection fee. A minimum of 18 months term
    > applies. If you disconnect early then the "connection fee"
    > of $99 will be payable.
    >
    > I don't quite understand it. If I paid for connection fee
    > before signing-up, why should I pay for it again when
    > I opt out of the contract?
    >
    > I phoned them about it unfortunately the person
    > I talked to was clueless about it too : (

    LOL
    What they mean is that early "DISconnection fee" is $99.

    The idiot at ihug should've been able to understand what the early
    disconnection fee is.

    Next time you get an idiot at ihug either ask for someone else, or call back
    later and hope you get someone that's on the ball.

    What's wrong with ihug's own group ihug.general? Has it been dumped?
    Otherwise someone in there would've put you right.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Apr 12, 2006
  9. In article <1144827220.616278@ftpsrv1>,
    "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:

    > LOL
    > What they mean is that early "DISconnection fee" is $99.
    >
    > The idiot at ihug should've been able to understand what the early
    > disconnection fee is.

    Aren't those 'disconnection fees' actually coming from Telescum? A
    'churn fee' designed to discourage people from switching ISPs every time
    someone has a loss-leading special running.

    --
    ~Dibley

    Dibley Fanshaw, Apr 12, 2006
  10. Deck

    Deck Guest

    "J Brockley" <> wrote in message

    > "Deck" <> wrote in message news:e1hv7f$d83$...
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.
    >>>
    >>> On the webpage I was looking at....
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ihug.co.nz/products/broadband/specialoffer_50.html
    >>>
    >>> it's mentioned four times for four different things
    >>>
    >>> $99 connection fee......
    >>> early disconnection fee of $99.......
    >>> $99 fee for downgrading plans......
    >>> $99 reconnection fee......
    >>>
    >>> It just seems like a "one size fits all" amount.... but what do I know
    >>> :)
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Miguel
    >>>

    >> exactly what putting me off from ditching Orcon. the $99 ihug connection
    >> fee and
    >> possible $150 Orcon disconnection fee.
    >>

    > Seems quite clear to me. There is no connection or transfer fee (norm $99)
    > and free modem (norm $99 or +$50 for router or +$150 for wireless). Only
    > criteria is sign up for 12 months or else your last bill is + $99.
    > Whats hard about that?

    no, you're referring to a different promo. and its 18 months contract, not
    12 !

    Deck, Apr 12, 2006
  11. Deck

    PC Guest

    <> wrote in message

    snip
    > I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.

    snip

    By the same method most retail prices are set:
    ie what the market will stand!

    PeeCee

    PC, Apr 13, 2006
  12. Deck

    Torrential Guest

    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:33:29 +1200, "PC" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>

    >snip
    >> I wonder how they arrive at the sum of $99.

    >snip

    Orocn charge $150 !

    Torrential, Apr 13, 2006