    I am using Ihugs 256 DSL, any suggestions welcome as it is ruining my online
    gaming experience!

    Thanks in advance

    John, Nov 14, 2004

  2. John

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:46:21 +1300, "John" <> wrote:

    >Hi all, I have just started playing online again (Battlefield 1942) after a
    >few weeks and I am getting massive ping spikes and packet losses.
    >
    >Absolutely nothing has changed in my setup (Software or hardward apart from
    >the usual Windoze / AV updates).
    >
    >Now, about every ten minutes or so I basically stop in the game for about 30
    >seconds. I do not get disconnected but usually watch as everything around me
    >turns into "slide show" mode. After a while everything goes back to normal
    >and I can play again...
    >
    >I am using Ihugs 256 DSL, any suggestions welcome as it is ruining my online
    >gaming experience!
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    I was getting the same thing with Orcon since I changed to USB on
    Thursday. *Seems* to have come right now.

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Nov 14, 2004

  3. John

    Starkey Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:57:10 +1300, DoggNZ
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:46:21 +1300, "John" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all, I have just started playing online again (Battlefield 1942) after a
    >>few weeks and I am getting massive ping spikes and packet losses.
    >>
    >>Absolutely nothing has changed in my setup (Software or hardward apart from
    >>the usual Windoze / AV updates).
    >>
    >>Now, about every ten minutes or so I basically stop in the game for about 30
    >>seconds. I do not get disconnected but usually watch as everything around me
    >>turns into "slide show" mode. After a while everything goes back to normal
    >>and I can play again...
    >>
    >>I am using Ihugs 256 DSL, any suggestions welcome as it is ruining my online
    >>gaming experience!
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>

    >I was getting the same thing with Orcon since I changed to USB on
    >Thursday. *Seems* to have come right now.

    im with orcon too but im on battlenet and im still spiking

    Starkey, Nov 15, 2004
  4. John

    DoggNZ Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:46:21 +1300, "John" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all, I have just started playing online again (Battlefield 1942) after a
    >>few weeks and I am getting massive ping spikes and packet losses.
    >>
    >>Absolutely nothing has changed in my setup (Software or hardward apart from
    >>the usual Windoze / AV updates).
    >>
    >>Now, about every ten minutes or so I basically stop in the game for about 30
    >>seconds. I do not get disconnected but usually watch as everything around me
    >>turns into "slide show" mode. After a while everything goes back to normal
    >>and I can play again...
    >>
    >>I am using Ihugs 256 DSL, any suggestions welcome as it is ruining my online
    >>gaming experience!
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>

    >I was getting the same thing with Orcon since I changed to USB on
    >Thursday. *Seems* to have come right now.

    Woops...I meant UBS ;)

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Nov 15, 2004
  5. John

    XPD Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all, I have just started playing online again (Battlefield 1942) after

    > few weeks and I am getting massive ping spikes and packet losses.
    >
    > Absolutely nothing has changed in my setup (Software or hardward apart

    from
    > the usual Windoze / AV updates).
    >
    > Now, about every ten minutes or so I basically stop in the game for about

    30
    > seconds. I do not get disconnected but usually watch as everything around

    me
    > turns into "slide show" mode. After a while everything goes back to normal
    > and I can play again...
    >
    > I am using Ihugs 256 DSL, any suggestions welcome as it is ruining my

    online
    > gaming experience!
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Welcome to UBS from what ive heard..... Telecom dont care what latency
    people get on it. Long as you can browse and download close to 256k, they
    wont do anything.

    XPD, Nov 15, 2004
  6. John

    John Guest

    Thanks everyone, yet another good Telecon service

    John, Nov 15, 2004