    confirmed that Distance Vector is the algorith for RIP

    Thanks for comments

    Ray
    Raimond Alpers, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Raimond Alpers

    Guest

    > Hello!
    > During the study for the CCNA, I found a (simple)question with a strange
    > answer:
    > What is the routing protocol used by IGRP??
    > a.)Split horizon
    > b.)Distance vector
    >
    > a.) should be correct. My opinion is b.), because in another question it is
    > confirmed that Distance Vector is the algorith for RIP

    Split Horizon is NO routing protocol. It is a mechanism to avoid sending
    routing packtes back to it's origin.

    So the clear answer is B

    cheers

    Andy
    , Dec 28, 2003

  3. Raimond Alpers

    jimleong Guest

    In article <bskhs8$6mc$01$-online.com>, Raimond Alpers wrote:
    > Hello!
    > During the study for the CCNA, I found a (simple)question with a strange
    > answer:
    > What is the routing protocol used by IGRP??
    > a.)Split horizon
    > b.)Distance vector
    >
    > a.) should be correct. My opinion is b.), because in another question it is
    > confirmed that Distance Vector is the algorith for RIP

    Both RIP and IGRP are Distance Vector routing protocols. IGRP is Cisco's
    proprietary implementation of Distance Vector protocol.
    jimleong, Dec 28, 2003