    Skratz Guest

    is there a way to ignore/block posters that use outlook to post their
    crappy, useless and stupid questions?
    Skratz, Apr 24, 2005

  2. On 4/24/2005 12:51 PM, Skratz said:
    > is there a way to ignore/block posters that use outlook to post their
    > crappy, useless and stupid questions?

    Can you make a filter on the "X-Newsreader" header?

    Of course, that would also kill off posts from members with an IQ count
    above "Just The One", who might use another machine to ask about a
    problem on their own, etc...

    cheers,

    David
    David Harrison, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Skratz

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Skratz wondered:
    > is there a way to ignore/block posters that use outlook to post their
    > crappy, useless and stupid questions?

    Stick to usenet rather than mailing lists. As Outlook doesn't feature a
    newsreader, you'll tend not to find too many Outlook users posting to
    usenet.

    Unless you mean OE. In which case, what make you think that OE users
    have nothing useful to post?

    For all it's faults, OE is not a bad newsreader:
    <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/misc/oe6.html>

    Danny Colyer, Apr 24, 2005
  4. Skratz

    Pun Krocker Guest

    In article <d4g1qp$mjf$>,
    le says...
    > For all it's faults, OE is not a bad newsreader:
    > <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/misc/oe6.html>

    No offence but I would love to read it all, but yellow on blue made me
    reach for the sunglasses ;-)

    --
    d{ô_ô}b PK

    "Some mornings, it's just not worth
    chewing through the leather straps."
    Pun Krocker, Apr 24, 2005
  5. Skratz

    Skratz Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Skratz wondered:
    >
    >> is there a way to ignore/block posters that use outlook to post their
    >> crappy, useless and stupid questions?

    > Stick to usenet rather than mailing lists. As Outlook doesn't feature a
    > newsreader, you'll tend not to find too many Outlook users posting to
    > usenet.
    >
    > Unless you mean OE. In which case, what make you think that OE users
    > have nothing useful to post?
    >
    > For all it's faults, OE is not a bad newsreader:
    > <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/misc/oe6.html>

    I have never seen a serious queston or anwer comming from an oe user,
    and i have been around on usenet for a long time.
    The biggest bulshit, and half the time it's in html too and no character
    encoding included, horrible quoting and reply methods...

    I (have)use(d) x-news and it's heaven to read on usened, but due to some
    weird stuff i cant always replay, and other layouts are just that bit
    better for textgroups.

    So? anyone who knows how to block/ignore certain neuwsclients?
    Skratz, May 3, 2005
  6. Skratz

    Big Will Guest

    Skratz wrote:
    > Danny Colyer wrote:
    >
    >> Skratz wondered:
    >>
    >>> is there a way to ignore/block posters that use outlook to post their
    >>> crappy, useless and stupid questions?

    >> Stick to usenet rather than mailing lists. As Outlook doesn't feature
    >> a newsreader, you'll tend not to find too many Outlook users posting
    >> to usenet.
    >>
    >> Unless you mean OE. In which case, what make you think that OE users
    >> have nothing useful to post?
    >>
    >> For all it's faults, OE is not a bad newsreader:
    >> <URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/misc/oe6.html>
    >>

    > I have never seen a serious queston or anwer comming from an oe user,
    > and i have been around on usenet for a long time.

    Try going to a microsoft ng. There's some OE users also in ACV that
    contribute to discussion (although not many, most of us know better and
    use some Mozilla derivative, X-news, or Opera).

    Regards,

    Will
    Big Will, May 3, 2005
  7. Skratz

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Skratz wrote:
    > I have never seen a serious queston or anwer comming from an oe user,
    > and i have been around on usenet for a long time.

    Really? I've been on usenet since before OE existed. During the time
    that I used OE (1998-2004) I posted many serious questions and helpful
    answers (as Google Groups will show). I have seen many other OE users
    regularly post serious questions and helpful answers (though several
    have, like me now switched to TB - some are regulars here, in fact).

    > The biggest bulshit, and half the time it's in html too and no character
    > encoding included, horrible quoting and reply methods...

    That's a feature of the product, not its users. Most OE users on the
    ng's that I frequent seem to be able to manage to post properly. Of
    course, installing OE-Quotefix makes life easier.

    > I (have)use(d) x-news and it's heaven to read on usened, but due to some
    > weird stuff i cant always replay, and other layouts are just that bit
    > better for textgroups.

    Wasn't keen on it myself. TB is the only product I've tried that can be
    used in Windows and was good enough to replace OE.

    > So? anyone who knows how to block/ignore certain neuwsclients?

    Oh, well, your prerogative I suppose. I'm sorry I can't offer you a
    solution. Wouldn't it be better, though, to KF specific posters than to
    ignore anyone who chooses to use a particular client?

    Danny Colyer, May 4, 2005
  8. Skratz

    Skratz Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Skratz wrote:
    >
    >> I have never seen a serious queston or anwer comming from an oe user,
    >> and i have been around on usenet for a long time.

    > Really? I've been on usenet since before OE existed. During the time
    > that I used OE (1998-2004) I posted many serious questions and helpful
    > answers (as Google Groups will show). I have seen many other OE users
    > regularly post serious questions and helpful answers (though several
    > have, like me now switched to TB - some are regulars here, in fact).

    yes really, the last year alternatives have goten more attention and
    serious users have been switching. Only the irritating/ignorant people
    stay. It's getting worse every day.

    >> The biggest bulshit, and half the time it's in html too and no
    >> character encoding included, horrible quoting and reply methods...

    > That's a feature of the product, not its users. Most OE users on the
    > ng's that I frequent seem to be able to manage to post properly. Of
    > course, installing OE-Quotefix makes life easier.

    Bullshit, its the user who chooses the product, not the otherway around.

    >> So? anyone who knows how to block/ignore certain neuwsclients?

    > Oh, well, your prerogative I suppose. I'm sorry I can't offer you a
    > solution. Wouldn't it be better, though, to KF specific posters than to
    > ignore anyone who chooses to use a particular client?

    way too much work, software is supposed to work for you, not the other
    way around.

    And this was the last time i reply on offtopic comments, stay on topic
    or don't post.
    Skratz, May 5, 2005
  9. Skratz

    Big Will Guest

    Skratz wrote:
    > Danny Colyer wrote:
    >
    >> Skratz wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have never seen a serious queston or anwer comming from an oe user,
    >>> and i have been around on usenet for a long time.

    >> Really? I've been on usenet since before OE existed. During the time
    >> that I used OE (1998-2004) I posted many serious questions and helpful
    >> answers (as Google Groups will show). I have seen many other OE users
    >> regularly post serious questions and helpful answers (though several
    >> have, like me now switched to TB - some are regulars here, in fact).
    >>

    > yes really, the last year alternatives have goten more attention and
    > serious users have been switching. Only the irritating/ignorant people
    > stay. It's getting worse every day.
    >
    >>> The biggest bulshit, and half the time it's in html too and no
    >>> character encoding included, horrible quoting and reply methods...

    >> That's a feature of the product, not its users. Most OE users on the
    >> ng's that I frequent seem to be able to manage to post properly. Of
    >> course, installing OE-Quotefix makes life easier.

    > Bullshit, its the user who chooses the product, not the otherway around.
    >

    >>> So? anyone who knows how to block/ignore certain neuwsclients?

    >> Oh, well, your prerogative I suppose. I'm sorry I can't offer you a
    >> solution. Wouldn't it be better, though, to KF specific posters than
    >> to ignore anyone who chooses to use a particular client?
    >>

    > way too much work, software is supposed to work for you, not the other
    > way around.
    >
    > And this was the last time i reply on offtopic comments, stay on topic
    > or don't post.

    ROFLMAOOL!!! You're the one who's off topic, silly. In case you didn't
    know, this is an alt.fan.mozilla ng. The user you just responded to,
    while OT, was on-topic to your post. Anyway, this is the last time I
    respond to your OT BS thread. But, I've got good news. I'm not going
    to block TB users just because there's on arsehole posting jubberish,
    I'm just going to killfile you. You are the weekest link, goodbye.

    Regards,

    Will
    Big Will, May 5, 2005