    And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
    1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

    Thanks for the info.

    Alyssa, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Alyssa

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:52:45 +1100, Alyssa wrote:

    > Ive just got a old DVD player and i know it aint got PS. But my TV is
    > 480p,720p,1080p.
    >
    > And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
    > 1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

    No, if your TV is capable of doing digital upconversion, your DVD player
    doesn't have to have progressive scan. However, how is your DVD connected?
    If it's connection with composite or even S-video, there may be some
    quality loss due to color matrixing.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jan 4, 2006

  3. Alyssa

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:40:23 -0600, "Jay G." <"Jay "@tmbg.org> Gave us:

    >On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:52:45 +1100, Alyssa wrote:
    >
    >> Ive just got a old DVD player and i know it aint got PS. But my TV is
    >> 480p,720p,1080p.
    >>
    >> And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
    >> 1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

    >No, if your TV is capable of doing digital upconversion, your DVD player
    >doesn't have to have progressive scan. However, how is your DVD connected?
    >If it's connection with composite or even S-video, there may be some
    >quality loss due to color matrixing.
    >
    >-Jay

    A good PS Player, such as the Sony DVP NC675P (as well as the next
    higher model) has it, and DTS and 6.1 outputs for less than $130.

    That was last years model, so it can likely be found even cheaper
    than that. It IS most certainly a worthwhile investment as the
    composite out and the sVHS out are both much poorer color purity
    sources for your monitor.

    It is a five disc changer and remembers the stop point on all five
    tray locations. Can't beat it for that price. Heck, they may even
    have better out now.

    Ebay at $80 buy it now.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-5-disk-DVD-player-progressive-scan
    _W0QQitemZ5849857176QQcategoryZ61238QQssPageName
    ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    You have to string those three lines back together, then click it.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Alyssa

    Alyssa Guest

    Its ok my new Zensonic z340 is sweet. Connected via component. Using
    the digital hper scan thin on the TV and P Scan. Not sure if its
    working though. Picture is great.

    Also plays any Xvid or Divx i can throw at it.

    Alyssa, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Alyssa

    Goro Guest

    Does your player then output 480i? If your going to be using Xvids,
    don't you want to be able to output 720p (for when you use HR 720p or
    1080i files)?

    btw, does your player do x264 or .ts files? (just wondeing)

    -goro-

    Goro, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Alyssa

    Bob Allison Guest

    In article <>,
    Roy L. Fuchs <> wrote:

    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-5-disk-DVD-player-progressive-scan
    > _W0QQitemZ5849857176QQcategoryZ61238QQssPageName
    > ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    >

    > You have to string those three lines back together, then click it.

    Or, you could have enclosed the URL in < >

    --
    *The trouble with life is the lack of cool background music

    Bob
    in Carmel, CA

    Bob Allison, Jan 6, 2006