If you use google a lot for searches....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JM, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. JM

    JM Guest

    JM, Jul 30, 2003

  2. JM

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Raine continued:

    > I use both, often can't find something in Google Uk that HAS been
    > found in Google.com.
    > And, yes, I'm British!

    No need to feel guilty, it could be a lot worse.
    You /could/ be Canadian.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 30, 2003

  3. JM

    Raine Guest

    What a scary thought.

    Raine, Jul 30, 2003
  4. JM

    bb3 Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Raine continued:
    >
    > > I use both, often can't find something in Google Uk that HAS been
    > > found in Google.com.
    > > And, yes, I'm British!

    > No need to feel guilty, it could be a lot worse.
    > You /could/ be Canadian.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    You know, kids read this too I'm sure.

    "No need to give them bad dreams."
    :)
    bb3, Jul 30, 2003
  5. JM

    Hoser Guest

    "Raine" <> wrote in

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > news:bg8qh2$losd1$-berlin.de... "So, Mr Slumpy you
    > *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I threw back my
    > head and roared with laughter as Raine continued:
    >
    >> I use both, often can't find something in Google Uk that HAS been
    >> found in Google.com.
    >> And, yes, I'm British!

    > No need to feel guilty, it could be a lot worse.
    > You /could/ be Canadian.
    >
    > What a scary thought.

    Ahh, Canadian envy, you folks look good in green ;)
    Hoser, Jul 30, 2003
  6. JM

    trout Guest

    bb3 wrote:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Raine continued:
    >>
    >>> I use both, often can't find something in Google Uk that HAS been
    >>> found in Google.com.
    >>> And, yes, I'm British!

    >> No need to feel guilty, it could be a lot worse.
    >> You /could/ be Canadian.
    >>

    > You know, kids read this too I'm sure.
    >
    > "No need to give them bad dreams."
    > :)

    Naw, *we'd* rather give them dental care.
    --
    "I know it's terribly unfashionable by your standards."
    trout, Jul 30, 2003
  7. JM

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hoser continued:

    >>> I use both, often can't find something in Google Uk that HAS been
    >>> found in Google.com.
    >>> And, yes, I'm British!

    >> No need to feel guilty, it could be a lot worse.
    >> You /could/ be Canadian.
    >>
    >> What a scary thought.
    >>

    > Ahh, Canadian envy, you folks look good in green ;)

    That's the glasses your Govt makes you wear. Canada is actually grey.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 30, 2003
  8. JM

    Hoser Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in news:bg9ga9$m3ug9$-
    berlin.de:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hoser continued:

    >>> No need to feel guilty, it could be a lot worse.
    >>> You /could/ be Canadian.
    >>>
    >>> What a scary thought.
    >>>

    >> Ahh, Canadian envy, you folks look good in green ;)

    > That's the glasses your Govt makes you wear. Canada is actually grey.

    British Columbia maybe, Ok, actually yes :(
    But you obviously haven't been to the Canadian prairie's, have you?

    Copied from: http://gocanada.about.com/library/weekly/aa043098.htm

    The city only receives an average of 12.5 cm of snow each year, but also
    enjoys over 2300 hours of sunshine, so you are more likely to find a nice
    sunny day in Winnipeg than anywhere else in Canada.

    http://www.canada.com/weather/forecast.aspx?city=Winnipeg&rg=MB

    Sunrise at 5:55 AM and sets at 9:14 PM, hardly a grey place at all ;)

    http://www.travelmanitoba.com/freestuff/videos.html

    http://www.gov.mb.ca/itm/trade/invest/strategic/video.html

    And finally, if you choose to follow many of your fellow compatriots, check
    here: http://www.immigrationvisa.org/winnipeg.htm
    You certainly wouldn't be lonely for UK or EU company here.
    Bye now.

    PS, personally I do like a few things British, Coronation Street, Are you
    being served, Mushroom Ketchup and Mr. Bean ;)

    Keep them coming please.
    Hoser, Jul 31, 2003
  9. JM

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hoser continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in
    > news:bg9ga9$m3ug9$- berlin.de:

    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hoser continued:

    >>> Ahh, Canadian envy, you folks look good in green ;)

    >> That's the glasses your Govt makes you wear. Canada is actually grey.

    > British Columbia maybe, Ok, actually yes :(
    > But you obviously haven't been to the Canadian prairie's, have you?

    No, I heard they were /extremely/ grey (87% on the Canadia Greyscale), and
    they couldn't supply the proper eyewear ;-)
    Nice links too ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 31, 2003
  10. JM

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:19:24 +0100, "slumpy" <> wrote:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"

    What the hell s that supposed to mean?

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Jul 31, 2003
  11. JM

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Barry OGrady continued:

    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:19:24 +0100, "slumpy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"

    > What the hell s that supposed to mean?

    Nothing really, was a phrase coined by a young beauty from the US.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 31, 2003
  12. Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:19:24 +0100, "slumpy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"

    >What the hell s that supposed to mean?

    It means s/h/it's SPANKARD#1.
    HTH

    --

    "It's amazing I won. I was running against
    peace, prosperity, and incumbency."
    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 1, 2003
  13. JM

    Hoser Guest

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> wrote in

    > Hoser <> wrote:
    >>
    >>British Columbia maybe, Ok, actually yes :(
    >>But you obviously haven't been to the Canadian prairie's, have you?

    > The Canadian prairie's what?

    Wide open spaces and endless skies, sheesh...
    Hoser, Aug 1, 2003
  14. On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:57:03 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    <> said:

    >Hoser <> wrote:
    >>
    >>British Columbia maybe, Ok, actually yes :(
    >>But you obviously haven't been to the Canadian prairie's, have you?

    >The Canadian prairie's what?

    The Canadian Prarie's prairies?

    --

    Armed with that knowledge, I am well qualified to tell you that if you
    have taken the time to research me, you have practicaly no life.
    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Aug 1, 2003