If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take this flight!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Dec 24, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo&feature=player_embedded

    So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
    situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
    nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

    So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
    You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.

    Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
    They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

    --
    3530. That which does not appear to exist is to be regarded as if it did
    not exist.
    richard, Dec 24, 2010

  2. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    Re: If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take thisflight!

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard wrote:

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo&feature=player_embedded
    >
    > So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
    > situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
    > nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.
    >
    > So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
    > You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.
    >
    > Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan. They say only 8 pilots are
    > qualified for this airport.

    Seen it before. One of the worst fly-ins is the Rock of Gibraltar.

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010

  3. richard

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:09:45 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > richard mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo&feature=player_embedded

    >> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
    >> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
    >> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

    >> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
    >> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes
    >> over.

    >> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan. They say only 8 pilots are
    >> qualified for this airport.

    > Hah! That place is a piece of cake compared to here:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgZvb37NX0
    >
    > More here:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing-Hillary_Airport

    Try landing at St. Bart's

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REus9s4MEt8

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:09:45 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > richard mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo&feature=player_embedded

    >> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
    >> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
    >> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

    >> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
    >> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.

    >> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
    >> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

    > Hah! That place is a piece of cake compared to here:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgZvb37NX0
    >
    > More here:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing-Hillary_Airport

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2o0acIlm4&feature=related

    Can we say oooops?

    A friend of my father's who was a private pilot used to say, "Any landing
    you can walk away from is a good landing.".
    richard, Dec 24, 2010
  5. richard

    NormanM Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
    > They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

    How do you figure? Oh, well, its just you, RtS!

    What about the "Riskiest takeoff and landings in the World"?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepTgVL2fFw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

    I hope you are up on your Afrikaans. (For the rest of you goobers, the
    language is actually, Deutsch, which is most definitely ***NOT***, "Dutch"!)

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Dec 24, 2010
  6. richard

    RickMerrill Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo&feature=player_embedded
    >>
    >> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
    >> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
    >> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.
    >>
    >> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
    >> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.
    >>
    >> Where is this you ask?

    > I don't need to ask. It's all over the video, in the title, etc.
    >
    >> Paro airport, Bhutan.

    > WTF?? No, try St. Marteen.
    >
    >> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

    > Where do you come up with this shit?
    >
    > Who says that?
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Juliana_International_Airport
    >
    > "In 2007, the airport handled 1,647,824 passengers and 103,650
    > aircraft movements"
    >
    > So, if only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport, that means each
    > pilot had 12,956 movements at the airport. With 365 days in a year,
    > that means each pilot had 35 movements each and every day - assuming
    > of course, each pilot worked 7 days a week every day of the year.
    >
    > You really should check your facts before you post your bullshit.

    Maybe all the others have to land on autopilot?-)
    RickMerrill, Dec 24, 2010
  7. richard

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:09:08 -0800, NormanM wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    >> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan. They say only 8 pilots are
    >> qualified for this airport.

    > How do you figure? Oh, well, its just you, RtS!
    >
    > What about the "Riskiest takeoff and landings in the World"?
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepTgVL2fFw&NR=1&feature=fvwp
    >
    > I hope you are up on your Afrikaans. (For the rest of you goobers, the
    > language is actually, Deutsch, which is most definitely ***NOT***,
    > "Dutch"!)

    That #2 downhill run was wicked.

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010
  8. richard

    n0i Guest

    n0i, Dec 24, 2010
  9. Evan Platt wrote:

    > richard the sto0pid wrote:
    >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo&feature=player_embedded
    >> Where is this you ask?

    > I don't need to ask. It's all over the video, in the title, etc.

    Yeah, that part was funny, eh?

    >> Paro airport, Bhutan. <--------- LOL!!!

    > WTF?? No, try St. Marteen.
    >
    >> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

    > Where do you come up with this shit?

    I think he makes it up, posts it, then waits to see if anyone
    contradicts the crap he made up ... probably checking to see if there's
    anyone left who hasn't killfiled him!

    > You really should check your facts before you post your bullshit.

    He is incapable of that.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 25, 2010