    Not likely.

    The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
    to film and get on with what ever we were doing.
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Um....this should have been marked OT. Actually....Whether or not creativity
    is put into the artwork is a factor of the creator...not the equipment.
    Digital has more potential to allow an artist to achieve his previsualized
    concept than film ever had.

    Gene Palmiter, Sep 17, 2004

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Eddy Vortex Guest

    I really get a charge out of people who ask questions, then provide their
    version of the answer, then carry on with their premise.
    Anyway...we all think that you're right and we're all going back to film.
    Thanks for straightening us out on that one!!

    Eddy Vortex, Sep 17, 2004
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Charlie Self Guest

    Eddy Vortex responds:

    >I really get a charge out of people who ask questions, then provide their
    >version of the answer, then carry on with their premise.
    >Anyway...we all think that you're right and we're all going back to film.
    >Thanks for straightening us out on that one!!
    >

    >"mark_digital©" <> wrote in message
    >> Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
    >> Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
    >> over and over if they had been from film?
    >> Not likely.
    >>
    >> The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
    >> to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

    Ain't it a marvel what it takes to bring the light to an unlit life.

    By the way, I've got some film cameras for sale.
    Charlie Self
    "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
    hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill
    Charlie Self, Sep 17, 2004
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Tony Guest

    Why do you keep popping out of my killfile? I wouldn't like to call you a
    troll - so I'll call you an idiot instead, but please stay in the killfile,
    as I like to maintain at very least the appearance I'm reading an
    intelligent forum filled with rational humans. It disturbs my dream to find
    posts from something that lives under a bridge and eats raw sewage.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Sep 17, 2004
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Lee K Guest

    "> posts from something that lives under a bridge and eats raw sewage.

    Now THERE'S an image I wouldn't want to view over and over.........
    Lee K, Sep 18, 2004
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Mark B. Guest

    > Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
    > Does anyone ask to see your images over and over more than
    > over and over if they had been from film?
    > Not likely.
    >
    > The benefit of the experience is satisfying but let's go back
    > to film and get on with what ever we were doing.

    So what are you waiting for - go to the film newsgroups already.
    Mark B., Sep 18, 2004
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    bob Guest

    mark_digital© <> wrote in news:W7idnSv815zACtfcRVn-
    :

    > Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.

    Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can reverse the
    ratio.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
    bob, Sep 18, 2004
  9. "bob" <> wrote in message
    mark_digital© <> wrote in news:W7idnSv815zACtfcRVn-
    :

    > Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.

    Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can reverse the
    ratio.

    Bob

    -----------------
    Excellent advice, Bob
    You won't get slammed for your thinking because between the two
    of us I'm the greater evil ;)

    mark_
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Sep 19, 2004
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    bob Guest

    mark_digital© <> wrote in

    > Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can
    > reverse the ratio.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > -----------------
    > Excellent advice, Bob
    > You won't get slammed for your thinking because between the two
    > of us I'm the greater evil ;)

    Thanks, I guess :)

    I went on a trip a couple years ago and I took a digital camera (canon
    s100, when it was new) and a 4x5 camera. Really two extreems. I took 3
    pictures with the 4x5 camera, and 200 with the elph.

    I made a print from the 4x5, which I like very much. It hangs on the wall
    in my office. I still haven't finished sorting through the pictures from
    the elph and processing the panoramas.

    I like the convenince of digital though.

    Bob

    PS. Whenver you start a line with two hypens "--", good news reader
    software will interpret it as the end of your post and the start of your
    signature.

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
    bob, Sep 19, 2004
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Jer Guest

    bob wrote:

    > PS. Whenver you start a line with two hypens "--", good news reader
    > software will interpret it as the end of your post and the start of your
    > signature.

    Almost correct... the two hyphens not only need to be followed by a
    'space' character, but the entire 'hyphen,hyphen,space" (unquoted)
    string is also required to be on a line by itself. Like mine below.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    "All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of
    Jer, Sep 19, 2004
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    bob Guest

    Jer <> wrote in news:cikgjj$:

    > bob wrote:
    >

    >> PS. Whenver you start a line with two hypens "--", good news reader
    >> software will interpret it as the end of your post and the start of
    >> your signature.
    >>

    > Almost correct... the two hyphens not only need to be followed by a
    > 'space' character, but the entire 'hyphen,hyphen,space" (unquoted)
    > string is also required to be on a line by itself. Like mine below.

    Xnews reads Mark's row of hyphens as a sig seperator, even though he
    doesn't have the space after the 2nd. :-(

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply
    bob, Sep 20, 2004
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Jer Guest

    mark_digital© wrote:

    > "bob" <> wrote in message
    > mark_digital© <> wrote in news:W7idnSv815zACtfcRVn-
    > :
    >

    >>Time spent creating is much more than time spent viewing. Sad.
    >>

    > Create fewer images, and do a better job with them, and you can reverse the
    > ratio.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > -----------------
    > Excellent advice, Bob
    > You won't get slammed for your thinking because between the two
    > of us I'm the greater evil ;)
    >
    > mark_

    Yeah, I've heard some news clients don't follow RFC-1036 to the absolute
    letter, circa 1994, to wit...

    "Early difficulties in inferring return addresses from arti-
    cle headers led to "signatures": short closing texts, auto-
    matically added to the end of articles by posting agents,
    identifying the poster and giving his network addresses etc.
    If a poster or posting agent does append a signature to an
    article, the signature SHOULD be preceded with a delimiter
    line containing (only) two hyphens (ASCII 45) followed by
    one blank (ASCII 32). Posting agents SHOULD limit the
    length of signatures, since verbose excess bordering on
    abuse is common if no restraint is imposed; 4 lines is a
    common limit."

    Jer, Sep 20, 2004