    the Web. Advertisers began signing up. But Microsoft executives, in part
    fearing the company would cannibalize other revenue streams, shut it
    down after two months.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 16, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-01-16, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    ><http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=11517>:
    >
    > In 2000, before Google married Web search with advertising, Microsoft
    > had a rudimentary system that did the same, called Keywords, running on
    > the Web. Advertisers began signing up. But Microsoft executives, in part
    > fearing the company would cannibalize other revenue streams, shut it
    > down after two months.

    Is this the response of a monolopy? Say it was a co-orpertion which made a
    big mistake. Others have done so.

    Seems to me it was a company who wanted all the tea in China and then some.

    Microsoft has not had the history of having competitors it could not buy,
    until now. This has set the culture for the company. Company cultures are
    very hard to change.

    Busineeses can be in competition and all thrive. Monolopies, like dictators
    then to come to a sticky end.

    Checks and balances are needed for surivial, paradoxally.
    Gordon, Jan 17, 2009