    ---

    Teen arrested in alleged effort to bootleg ``Spider-man 2''

    ALEX VEIGA, AP Business Writer
    Wednesday, June 30, 2004

    -------

    (06-30) 18:00 PDT LOS ANGELES (AP) --

    A 16-year-old was arrested early Wednesday in a theater showing "Spider-
    man 2" after a projectionist using night vision goggles saw him using a
    camcorder to make an illegal copy of the superhero sequel.

    The teen could be charged under a law that went into effect Jan. 1 and
    makes taking a recording device into a movie theater a crime punishable
    by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $2,500.

    The Los Angeles District Attorney's office is expected to review the case
    and determine whether to charge the teen, who was released into his
    parents' custody, said Sgt. Mel Amoroso, a spokesman at the Los Angeles
    Police Department's Devonshire Division.

    The film industry's trade group hailed the arrest and credited its recent
    initiative to offer cash rewards of up to $500 to theater employees who
    turn in moviegoers attempting to make illicit film copies.

    "In theaters nationwide, there are now thousands of eyes looking for
    camcording-pirates and this incident proves that pirates who use these
    devices in theaters will be caught," said James W. Spertus, vice
    president and director of antipiracy operations for the Motion Picture
    Association of America.

    Camcorders account for 92 percent of all illegal copies of films that
    appear for sale over the Internet and are sold on street corners from
    Burbank to Beijing, according to the MPAA.

    The teen, whose identity was not made public, was among the throngs of
    midnight movie viewers across the country who crowded theaters for the
    debut of the "Spider-man" sequel.

    According to the MPAA, the projectionist at the Pacific Winnetka theater
    in the Los Angeles suburb of Chatsworth spotted the teen using a
    camcorder a few minutes into the start of the film. He and two other
    individuals with him were escorted out of the theater by security and
    turned over to the police.

    The camcorder contained a recording of the beginning of the film, the
    MPAA said.

    "Hundreds of people have put tens of thousands of hours into making a
    truly great picture, and the notion of having it stolen and sent out for
    free around the world is just plain wrong," said Jeff Blake, vice
    chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, the film company behind "Spider-
    man 2."

    Sandworm, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in

    > Too bad M$ dosen't persue cheaters with this type of veracity!!!

    more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...

    For reference see: Jim Baker, Robert Schuler,...pretty much all of them
    actually.

    Sandworm, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in news:
    #:

    > Neil <> wrote in
    >
    >> more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...
    >>

    > For reference see: Jim Baker, Robert Schuler,...pretty much all of them
    > actually.

    Billy Graham? Pope JPII?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 1, 2004
  5. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > Sandworm <> wrote in news:
    > #:
    >
    >> Neil <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> more benifits to having "evangelists", whether they cheated or not...
    >>>

    >> For reference see: Jim Baker, Robert Schuler,...pretty much all of

    them
    >> actually.
    >>

    > Billy Graham? Pope JPII?

    Well brother Billy maybe not, but then I think it's more that women don't
    want him so the opportunity never presented itself.

    Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the boys
    have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!

    Sandworm, Jul 1, 2004
  6. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in

    > Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
    > boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!

    personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...

    there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...

    and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
    front...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > Sandworm <> wrote in
    >
    >> Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
    >> boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!
    >>

    > personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
    >
    > there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...
    >
    > and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
    > front...

    Not according to the Catholic religion (if you believe in that sort of
    thing), I mean this is a religion with where Hell has a 'special
    section', never heard of pergatory?

    Sandworm, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > Sandworm <> wrote in
    >
    > > Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
    > > boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!
    > >

    > personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
    >
    > there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...
    >
    > and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
    > front...
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    As a catholic, I resent that.

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    "Sandworm" <> wrote in message
    > Neil <> wrote in
    >
    > > Sandworm <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Pope JPII, I'm not so sure you can say not....just cause none of the
    > >> boys have come forward dosen't mean he's never broken his vows!!!
    > >>

    > > personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
    > >
    > > there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his mouth...
    > >
    > > and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
    > > front...
    > >

    > Not according to the Catholic religion (if you believe in that sort of
    > thing), I mean this is a religion with where Hell has a 'special
    > section', never heard of pergatory?

    it's Purgatory, and thats not a special section of hell- it's where you're
    cleansed before you go to heaven.

    WTF. I have never heard of a special sectionof hell. What religion is this?
    What is this special section for? Ex-politicians?

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  10. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    "Kat" <> wrote in

    > "Sandworm" <> wrote in message
    >> Neil <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Sandworm <> wrote in

    >> > personally I'm not sure the dude is still alive...
    >> >
    >> > there is prolly someone with thier hand up his back moving his
    >> > mouth...
    >> >
    >> > and since he's not really alive, he's likely clean on the alter boy
    >> > front...
    >> >

    >> Not according to the Catholic religion (if you believe in that sort
    >> of thing), I mean this is a religion with where Hell has a 'special
    >> section', never heard of pergatory?

    > it's Purgatory, and thats not a special section of hell- it's where
    > you're cleansed before you go to heaven.
    >
    > WTF. I have never heard of a special sectionof hell. What religion is
    > this? What is this special section for? Ex-politicians?

    I'm not so sure I'd call a place where you spend 100 years in a black
    void of nothingness a special section of heaven. Sounds like Seattle.

    But hey to each their own.

    Sandworm, Jul 2, 2004
  11. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    "Kat" <> wrote in news:enWdUi8XEHA.3112
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > As a catholic, I resent that.

    Sorry didn't mean to offend you, but it still doesn't change the facts
    regarding what the Catholic priests have done, are doing and probably will
    continue to do as long as they can afford to keep people quiet.

    Sandworm, Jul 2, 2004
  12. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    "Kat" <> wrote in news:#x1RWk8XEHA.1684
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > Ex-politicians?

    they would not get out of hell

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 2, 2004
  13. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in

    > Sounds like Seattle.

    LOL!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 2, 2004
  14. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    > I'm not so sure I'd call a place where you spend 100 years in a black
    > void of nothingness a special section of heaven. Sounds like Seattle.
    >
    > But hey to each their own.

    Indeed

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  15. Sandworm

    Neil Guest

    Sandworm <> wrote in

    > "Kat" <> wrote in news:enWdUi8XEHA.3112
    > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
    >

    >> As a catholic, I resent that.
    >>

    > Sorry didn't mean to offend you, but it still doesn't change the facts
    > regarding what the Catholic priests have done, are doing and probably
    > will continue to do as long as they can afford to keep people quiet.

    as a protestant, I didn't mean to offend. I believe that the catholic
    church has gotten a black eye from cleriks gone bad. that being said, I
    think the Pope is a little on the old side to be leading the catholic
    church. He is a great man and I respect him (in the same way I respect
    the dali lama - so I'm not converting) but I sometimes think that he
    should be allowed to retire.

    now on to Sandy's stuff. the reality is that there are bad apples. the
    problem I have is that there was an attempt to hide it. The preist should
    have been removed from thier posts immediately and bring everything in
    the open. There are prolly warts in every religion...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 2, 2004
  16. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    "Sandworm" <> wrote in message
    > "Kat" <> wrote in news:enWdUi8XEHA.3112
    > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
    >

    > > As a catholic, I resent that.
    > >

    > Sorry didn't mean to offend you, but it still doesn't change the facts
    > regarding what the Catholic priests have done, are doing and probably will
    > continue to do as long as they can afford to keep people quiet.

    I don't think people ARE keeping quiet. Yes, it was quite a scandal, no I
    did not take it personally :) Anyone who does agree with what they're doing
    has problems.

    But you can't say all priests are bad because of what a few did. I don't
    hate all muslims, now do I?

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  17. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Kat" <> wrote in news:#x1RWk8XEHA.1684
    > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > Ex-politicians?

    > they would not get out of hell
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    No, they're stuck in a "special section" of hell, where satan keeps his
    bitches

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  18. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  19. Sandworm

    Kat Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > Sandworm <> wrote in
    >
    > > "Kat" <> wrote in news:enWdUi8XEHA.3112
    > > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
    > >

    > >> As a catholic, I resent that.
    > >>

    > > Sorry didn't mean to offend you, but it still doesn't change the facts
    > > regarding what the Catholic priests have done, are doing and probably
    > > will continue to do as long as they can afford to keep people quiet.
    > >

    > as a protestant, I didn't mean to offend. I believe that the catholic
    > church has gotten a black eye from cleriks gone bad. that being said, I
    > think the Pope is a little on the old side to be leading the catholic
    > church. He is a great man and I respect him (in the same way I respect
    > the dali lama - so I'm not converting) but I sometimes think that he
    > should be allowed to retire.
    >
    > now on to Sandy's stuff. the reality is that there are bad apples. the
    > problem I have is that there was an attempt to hide it. The preist should
    > have been removed from thier posts immediately and bring everything in
    > the open. There are prolly warts in every religion...
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    I don't take offensse. I'm sickened by some of the things that's going on,
    and I htink the offending priests should be hung, to take advantage like
    that.

    And I too agree the pope should be allowed to retire.

    And considering the muslim faith... yeah, I'd say there are bad people in
    every religion and or career.

    Kat, Jul 2, 2004
  20. Sandworm

    Sandworm Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > Sandworm <> wrote in
    >
    >> Sounds like Seattle.
    >>

    > LOL!

    Thank you, I liked that one myself, course I wrote it.

    Sandworm, Jul 2, 2004