If Interested in Scrapbooking Your Photos...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Todd, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Todd

    Todd Guest

    Hi:

    I'm trying to find places on the net where people with a lot of photos
    on their hands might hang out, and the rec.photo.digital group seemed
    like a good candidate.

    The reason is that I've started a new business called "WonderNinja"
    (www.wonderninja.com) which is an auction site for personal services.
    One of the main services I'm trying to promote is scrapbooking, mostly
    because I feel there is an untapped market for it Out There, i.e., a
    lot of photos sitting around in a lot of piles which might be better
    served (i.e., "looked at more often") if organized into attractive
    keepsakes - scrapbooks, paper or digital - with someone ELSE doing the
    work for you.

    If you have any interest in memorializing any of your photos (family,
    vacation, wedding, graduation, holiday, etc.), please feel free to
    check out WonderNinja (or if you already have scrapbooking experience,
    you might want to consider selling your skills on the site). And if
    no one has yet posted a scrapbooking auction that exactly suits your
    needs, you yourself can post an "RFQ" ("Request For Quotes") and let
    potential Sellers bid against each other for your project (it's
    free!). You can accept or refuse any bid you choose.

    To summarize:

    Rescue your photos from (real or virtual) Shoebox Oblivion!

    And thanks for taking the time to read this message,

    Todd
    www.wonderninja.com
    Buy and Sell YOUR Personalized Services!

    Todd, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Todd

    Mark M Guest

    "Todd" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > I'm trying to find places on the net where people with a lot of photos
    > on their hands might hang out, and the rec.photo.digital group seemed
    > like a good candidate.
    >
    > The reason is that I've started a new business called "WonderNinja"
    > (www.wonderninja.com) which is an auction site for personal services.
    > One of the main services I'm trying to promote is scrapbooking, mostly
    > because I feel there is an untapped market for it Out There, i.e., a
    > lot of photos sitting around in a lot of piles which might be better
    > served (i.e., "looked at more often") if organized into attractive
    > keepsakes - scrapbooks, paper or digital - with someone ELSE doing the
    > work for you.

    Scrapbooking...
    Gee... Now THAT's an idea nobody's ever heard of...

    Mark M, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Todd

    Todd Guest

    Hi:

    Though your reply is meant to be sarcastic, it does perhaps indicate a
    point of confusion.

    Scrapbooking, of course, is not a new idea. However,
    Scrapbooking-For-Hire is somewhat new, or at least, underdeveloped as
    a market. This is the business niche I'm trying to fill at
    WonderNinja (among others).

    Just thought I'd clarify,

    Todd
    www.wonderninja.com
    Buy and Sell YOUR Personalized Services!

    P.S. I've been informed that the rec.photo.digital newsgroup was not
    really the proper place to post my initial message. It's been
    recommended that I post to rec.photo.marketplace.digital instead, and
    I have now done so. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

    Todd, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Todd

    Mark M Guest

    "Todd" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > Though your reply is meant to be sarcastic, it does perhaps indicate a
    > point of confusion.

    Yes. You are right, and I apologize.

    Mark M, Apr 8, 2004