  1. if i stuff my bios trying to flash it, is there anyone in pn, who can burn
    my bios again with a standalone hardware thingy?

    Daniel
    Daniel Farley, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Daniel Farley

    Rob Guest

    "Daniel Farley" <> wrote in message
    news:tQ1Ta.88383$...
    > if i stuff my bios trying to flash it, is there anyone in pn, who can burn
    > my bios again with a standalone hardware thingy?
    >
    > Daniel

    God, I love it when you talk dirty

    Oh, sorry. Wrong ng ;-}
    Rob, Jul 22, 2003

  3. On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:03:55 +1200, "Daniel Farley" <>
    wrote:

    >if i stuff my bios trying to flash it, is there anyone in pn, who can burn
    >my bios again with a standalone hardware thingy?
    >
    >Daniel

    Alway Flash in from a floppy and DOS..
    Master Tech ©, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Daniel Farley

    GraB Guest

    Did you find the right .bin file and flash utility for your BIOS? If
    you follow my hints in your previous thread there would be a 99%
    chance of it going OK. I had no problems flashing my mobo and DVD
    drive. Some flash utilities will give you the opportunity to back up
    the existing BIOS.

    GraB, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Daniel Farley

    gromit Guest

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:03:55 +1200, Daniel Farley wrote:
    >
    >> if i stuff my bios trying to flash it, is there anyone in pn, who can
    >> burn my bios again with a standalone hardware thingy?

    > If you're really careful and have another motherboard which is
    > electrically compatible, you can flash the chip in that.
    >
    > Warning: not for the fainthearted, you have to remove the working chip
    > while the board is on, insert the messed up and run your flash program on
    > it.

    I've done a few "hot flashes" like this and they work really well. The pin
    outs are the same for all the major chip manufacturers too so the hardware
    doesn't necessarily have to be identical.

    And you get the extra bonus of the really worried look on the computer
    owners face when you're taking the chip out with the machine running. LOL
    LOL

    Cheers

    Gromit
    gromit, Jul 22, 2003
  6. Daniel Farley

    T.N.O. Guest

    Re: if i stuff my bios trying to flash it, is there anyone in pn,who can burn my bios again with a standalone hardware thingy?

    Daniel Farley wrote:

    > if i stuff my bios trying to flash it, is there anyone in pn, who can burn
    > my bios again with a standalone hardware thingy?

    If I put the entire body of my message in the suject line do you think
    it will get a reply any quicker?
    T.N.O., Jul 22, 2003
  7. Daniel Farley

    M Guest

    Anyone flashed during an electrical storm?
    Im sure they can tolerate brown-outs during flashing :p

    Hardly see that warning in a manual.

    Matt

    M, Jul 22, 2003

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 22, 2003
  9. well u replyed

    Daniel Farley, Jul 22, 2003
  10. Daniel Farley

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Daniel Farley" <> wrote in message news:<WmgTa.88983$>...
    > well u replyed

    Before I reply to this post: Try not to top post please, netiquette
    says bottom posting for usenet.

    Anyway... was I helpful?
    Also, you may want to give a little more time between asking the
    question "will this work?" and actually doing it.

    I mean, original post...
    http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=...&selm=tQ1Ta.88383$
    Date: 2003-07-21 20:03:56 PST

    Saying it worked.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=D...q4Ta.88508$&rnum=4
    Date: 2003-07-21 23:00:34 PST

    Total of three hours.
    T.N.O., Jul 23, 2003
  11. Daniel Farley

    Mainlander Guest

    Ignore whinging about top posting, it is one of the most inane and stupid
    complaints ever found on Usenet.

    In article <>,
    says...

    Mainlander, Jul 25, 2003