    Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
    and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
    I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

    DrDan, Sep 2, 2007

  2. DrDan

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No.

    pcbutts1, Sep 2, 2007

  3. DrDan

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 22:31:03 -0500, DrDan <> wrote:

    >Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
    >and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
    >I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

    They just with hold what you owe from your tax returns.

    who'sthat, Sep 3, 2007
  4. DrDan

    ded Guest

    "DrDan" <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
    > and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
    > I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

    Since XP's launch there has been trillions of updates/patches just to get
    it to function, let alone third party software compatibility issues.

    If what you're are implying is you want to install a pirate copy of XP
    that is already registered to another PC/user etc, you will fail validation
    and won't get service packs, hotfixes, patches etc etc blah, blah blah.
    there will be serious incompatibility with software/drivers etc you try to
    install as it is an unpatched copy of XP etc etc. Basically in will be
    unuseable.

    If the pirate copy has done the rounds and many have tried to install/
    validate etc, then the original registered user maybe asked questions....

    ded, Sep 3, 2007