If I could play just one song like Chet Atkins

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 30, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    Subject: If I could play just one song like Chet Atkins
    > This would be it:

    That YouTube didn't give any background for that outstanding rendition
    of Vincent by Mr. Guitar.

    That was from 1996, and the guitar was an Olson which Chet borrowed
    (Mark Thompson's - The Judds). The live performance was the Prime Time
    Country show. Atkins was 72 at the time and he died 5 years later in
    2001.

    If you have any trouble 'snatching' that clip from YouTube, here's a
    more easily accessible .wmv http://www.olsonguitars.com/videos/chet.wmv

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 30, 2007

  3. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    > Subject: If I could play just one song like Chet Atkins
    >> This would be it:

    > That YouTube didn't give any background for that outstanding rendition
    > of Vincent by Mr. Guitar.
    >
    > That was from 1996, and the guitar was an Olson which Chet borrowed
    > (Mark Thompson's - The Judds). The live performance was the Prime Time
    > Country show. Atkins was 72 at the time and he died 5 years later in
    > 2001.
    >
    > If you have any trouble 'snatching' that clip from YouTube, here's a
    > more easily accessible .wmv http://www.olsonguitars.com/videos/chet.wmv

    Thanks for the info. Excellent stuff.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 30, 2007
  4. @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 1, 2007
  5. @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    > Rôgêr <> wrote
    >
    >> This would be it:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsePsTEgiqU&mode=related&search=
    >>
    >> I wouldn't accept any pussy afterwards, it would just detract from the
    >> artistic moment. An artist needs to be free.

    > Riiiiight!

    Well, maybe just a little wouldn't hurt.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 1, 2007
  6. Rôgêr <> wrote

    > @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> This would be it:
    >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsePsTEgiqU&mode=related&search=
    >>>
    >>> I wouldn't accept any pussy afterwards, it would just detract from the
    >>> artistic moment. An artist needs to be free.

    >> Riiiiight!

    > Well, maybe just a little wouldn't hurt.

    Riiiiight!...;oþ

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 1, 2007