If anyone is able, please help with TV Series - "CHILLERS"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Film Buff, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    I was in Best Buy today and picked up a new 3-disc DVD from Platinum
    (Yeah, I know - some good, some bad) for $14.99.
    This is a TV series called "CHILLERS" hosted by Anthony Perkins.
    It was possibly a British show as it was called "Mistress of Suspense"
    in England.
    The IMDB gives a date around 1990 but I do not remember this series at
    all. Was it ever shown in the US?
    There are 12 episodes total (4 per DVD each running 52 mins) and the
    majority of the episodes are based on the short stories of Patricia
    Highsmith ("Strangers on a Train", Talented Mr. Ripley", "Ripley's
    Game", etc.) - hence the English name for the series.
    The DVD quality is EXCELLENT and the stories are psychological
    thrillers with twist endings
    Does anyone at all remember this series and if these were all the
    episodes produced?
    Thanks for your help in advance.

    P.S. I have noticed a trend with Platinum, they put out certain
    episodes of a TV series and then do not put out any more. An exception
    is "Ray Bradbury Theater" - it is complete with all 65 episodes but
    the Original "Starhunter" is missing 7 episodes from season 1 and all
    of Season 2; the TV series "Ghost Stories" is missing 4 episodes
    Film Buff, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Film Buff

    Rob Guest

    There is a series called "Chillers" starting on March 1 on one of the
    Canadian digital channels. I don't know if it's the one you are looking
    for - the first ep is titled "A Curious Suicide".

    Rob
    Canada

    Rob, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Yep, This is the one!
    Be sure that they are complete and UNCUT!
    The running time for each episode on the DVD is 52 mins.
    Is there any link on the net that wouild give the schedule for these.
    I am wondering how many total episodes there were?
    Thanks again

    Film Buff, Feb 27, 2005