    doing this?

    Thanks.
    , Sep 25, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > This is regarding Nero 7 Utra Edition, which a previous owner
    > installed, but I don't want. When I try to use add/remove, it gives
    > me errors after taking a very long time in the gathering information
    > stage. I know how to find the files and delete them, which I want to
    > do in order to free up some hard drive space. Is there any risk to
    > doing this?

    Yes, you *can* do that. But first, try reinstalling Nero and then do an
    uninstall to see if that works. If you end up just deleting files,
    you'll leave behind a lot of just. Run CCleaner and do a registry
    cleanup with it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2007

  3. Rôgêr wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> This is regarding Nero 7 Utra Edition, which a previous owner
    >> installed, but I don't want. When I try to use add/remove, it gives
    >> me errors after taking a very long time in the gathering information
    >> stage. I know how to find the files and delete them, which I want to
    >> do in order to free up some hard drive space. Is there any risk to
    >> doing this?

    > Yes, you *can* do that. But first, try reinstalling Nero and then do an
    > uninstall to see if that works. If you end up just deleting files,
    > you'll leave behind a lot of just. Run CCleaner and do a registry
    > cleanup with it.

    ^^junk^^
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2007
  4. who'sthat Guest

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:12:17 -0700, wrote:

    >This is regarding Nero 7 Utra Edition, which a previous owner
    >installed, but I don't want. When I try to use add/remove, it gives
    >me errors after taking a very long time in the gathering information
    >stage. I know how to find the files and delete them, which I want to
    >do in order to free up some hard drive space. Is there any risk to
    >doing this?
    >
    >Thanks.

    No, In the big scheme it won't give you that much more room AND you
    can't just delete the directory and get everything. There will still
    be files in the Windows\System directory and thousands of registry
    entries that can screw you up. Try reinstalling it then rebooting and
    doing an uninstall.

    Is it possible to pull it all out manually including registry entries?
    Ya..I used to do it with programs all the time but you have to really
    know what you're doing.
    who'sthat, Sep 25, 2007
  5. Guest

    Well, if this program did not get removed the first time, what makes
    you think if I install it again and try to remove it, that this will
    work? How about restoring back to before it was installed? Though I
    installed a lot of new stuff that will have to be reinstalled, this
    might be the best idea, right? I didn't want to do this because there
    are other programs on the hard drive, and I don't necessarily want
    them gone tool, but this might be the best option at this point, as
    far as I can tell.
    , Sep 25, 2007
  6. wrote:
    > Well, if this program did not get removed the first time, what makes
    > you think if I install it again and try to remove it, that this will
    > work? How about restoring back to before it was installed? Though I
    > installed a lot of new stuff that will have to be reinstalled, this
    > might be the best idea, right? I didn't want to do this because there
    > are other programs on the hard drive, and I don't necessarily want
    > them gone tool, but this might be the best option at this point, as
    > far as I can tell.

    I take it you were replying to me. Sometimes the "uninstall" gets broken
    and won't work. And if one were to reinstall and then uninstall then it
    may very well work. Doesn't matter to me, try it or not, but it's been
    known to work.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 25, 2007
  7. OldKenGoat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > This is regarding Nero 7 Utra Edition, which a previous owner
    > installed, but I don't want. When I try to use add/remove, it gives
    > me errors after taking a very long time in the gathering information
    > stage. I know how to find the files and delete them, which I want to
    > do in order to free up some hard drive space. Is there any risk to
    > doing this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try the freebie http://www.revouninstaller.com/ It differs from other
    uninstallers in that it will also identify ALL the ancillary files and
    permit you to delete them too. Best I've ever used and it WORKS!
    HTH,
    OldKenGoat
    OldKenGoat, Sep 25, 2007