  1. Mick

    Mick Guest

    How can I get it back?
    Mick, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Mick

    Rôgêr Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > How can I get it back?

    Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    the program file.

    BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    system.
    Rôgêr, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Mick

    Mick Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:30:43 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mick wrote:
    >> How can I get it back?

    >Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    >the program file.

    Thanks.

    >BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    >system.

    Sorry.
    WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    Iexplorer.exe is 7.

    Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.

    By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!

    Mick.
    Mick, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Mick

    Rôgêr Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:30:43 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mick wrote:
    >>> How can I get it back?

    >> Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    >> the program file.

    > Thanks.
    >
    >> BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    >> system.

    > Sorry.
    > WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    > Iexplorer.exe is 7.
    >
    > Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    > Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.
    >
    > By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    > average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!

    On my XP machine it's located at
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    You probably could just copy and paste the above line into the new
    shortcut's window.
    Rôgêr, Feb 18, 2008
  5. Mick

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:30:43 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mick wrote:
    >>> How can I get it back?

    >> Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    >> the program file.

    > Thanks.
    >
    >> BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    >> system.

    > Sorry.
    > WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    > Iexplorer.exe is 7.
    >
    > Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    > Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.
    >
    > By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    > average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!
    >
    > Mick.

    To get the real Icon back and not a shortcut; Right click on your
    desktop and select properties. Click on the Desktop tab, click on
    Customize Desktop, tick the Internet Explorer box.
    Desk Rabbit, Feb 18, 2008
  6. Mick

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:18:08 GMT, Mick <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:30:43 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mick wrote:
    >>> How can I get it back?

    >>Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    >>the program file.

    >Thanks.
    >
    >>BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    >>system.

    >Sorry.
    >WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    >Iexplorer.exe is 7.
    >
    >Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    >Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.
    >
    >By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    >average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!
    >
    >Mick.

    Real cheese? Government cheese? Cheese doodles? Velveeta? Squirt
    cheese? We need specifics man!
    Lookout, Feb 18, 2008
  7. Mick

    Mick Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:03:15 +0000, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:

    >Mick wrote:

    >>> Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    >>> the program file.

    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >>> BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    >>> system.

    >> Sorry.
    >> WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    >> Iexplorer.exe is 7.
    >>
    >> Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    >> Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.
    >>
    >> By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    >> average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!
    >>
    >> Mick.

    >To get the real Icon back and not a shortcut; Right click on your
    >desktop and select properties. Click on the Desktop tab, click on
    >Customize Desktop, tick the Internet Explorer box.

    Thanks folks for all your help. Problem solved. Thanks.

    Mick
    Mick, Feb 18, 2008
  8. Mick

    Mick Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:00:31 -0600, Lookout <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:18:08 GMT, Mick <>
    >wrote:

    >>>Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it to
    >>>the program file.

    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>>BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    >>>system.

    >>Sorry.
    >>WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    >>Iexplorer.exe is 7.
    >>
    >>Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    >>Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.
    >>
    >>By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    >>average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!
    >>
    >>Mick.

    >Real cheese? Government cheese? Cheese doodles? Velveeta? Squirt
    >cheese? We need specifics man!

    Ask the wife. She is the one who made the comparison!
    Mick, Feb 18, 2008
  9. Mick

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:45:10 GMT, Mick <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:00:31 -0600, Lookout <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:18:08 GMT, Mick <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Thanks.

    >>>Sorry.
    >>>WinXP Service pack 2 Home Edition Ver. 2002
    >>>Iexplorer.exe is 7.
    >>>
    >>>Where do I find iexplorer.exe?
    >>>Can't find it using Find. It is there somewhere.
    >>>
    >>>By the way I am about as computer illiterate as your
    >>>average cheese sandwich. I jest only a little!
    >>>
    >>>Mick.

    >>Real cheese? Government cheese? Cheese doodles? Velveeta? Squirt
    >>cheese? We need specifics man!

    >Ask the wife. She is the one who made the comparison!

    AHHAHAHA I'm not about to argue with a wife.
    Lookout, Feb 18, 2008
  10. Bucky Breeder, Feb 18, 2008
  11. Mick

    chuckcar Guest

    Mick <> wrote in

    > How can I get it back?

    Go into add/remove programs, find Internet Explorer 7 and internet
    tools, highlight it, click add/remove, put the radio button *in* repair
    (make *very* sure it's there) and then click ok to repair. it will also
    put a shortcut for channels and IE on the taskbar if they're not there.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 18, 2008
  12. Mick

    chuckcar Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > Mick wrote:
    >> How can I get it back?

    > Right click on desktop, choose New and then choose Shortcut. Point it
    > to the program file.
    >
    > BTW, a few more details would have been handy, such as your operating
    > system.

    Doesn't work. The "shortcut" for IE isn't a shortcut, it acts like the
    actual file. Try right clicking and then properties. You will get
    internet options *not* a short cut properties.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 18, 2008