    --
    ----Paul----
    www.paulsxp.com

    PaulM, Mar 10, 2006

  2. PaulM

    PaulM Guest

    That should read, would like it to load Iexplorer 32 bit, not OE32 bit.

    --
    ----Paul----
    www.paulsxp.com

    PaulM, Mar 10, 2006

  3. You are confused right? You want to click a link in Outlook Express and
    load 32-bit IE? Its does that already.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 10, 2006
  4. PaulM

    PaulM Guest

    No it does not load IE 32 bit, it loads IE 64 bit from OE32 when you click
    on a link.

    --
    ----Paul----
    www.paulsxp.com

    PaulM, Mar 10, 2006
  5. This is, unfortunately, something you can't change. A 64-bit application
    will always call the 64-bit version of IE, and OE is 64-bit. If you're
    running Outlook, however, it launches 32-bit IE.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 10, 2006
  6. no, from OE it calls 64-bit IE, since OE is 64-bit. From Outlook, however,
    or any 32-bit application, it will call 32-bit IE.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 10, 2006
  7. PaulM

    DP Guest

    The other day, IE64 put up a message saying the site I was on couldn't work
    with IE64 so it was switching to IE32.
    Has that ever happened to you?
    It may have been a Microsoft site, which may be why it was able to sense
    this and do it so effortlessly.

    DP, Mar 10, 2006
  8. PaulM

    Rick Guest

    Yes. Windows Update is one place you can get this same response
    everyday. If you try to do Windows Update in IE-64 it will switch to
    IE-32 when the site tries to activate ActiveX because there is no 64-bit
    ActiveX - only 32-bit.

    Rick, Mar 10, 2006
  9. PaulM

    PaulM Guest

    It happened with windows update. You can not use IE64.

    --
    ----Paul----
    www.paulsxp.com

    PaulM, Mar 10, 2006
  10. PaulM

    DP Guest

    Is that the only place you'll get that message? Or will ie64 automatically
    tell you when it needs to switch to 32?

    DP, Mar 10, 2006
  11. PaulM

    Dan Koerner Guest

    Charlie,

    Hmmm... that may be the case for some. However, I believe that my 64 bit OE ("C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe") calls 32 bit IE for ..htm & .html ( from registered file type: HTM Action: &Open App used to perform action:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1). If your doesn't, it could be changed. :/

    --
    -Dan-

    Dan Koerner, Mar 10, 2006
  12. PaulM

    PaulM Guest

    So far that is the only time it happened.

    --
    ----Paul----

    PaulM, Mar 11, 2006
  13. Hello,
    This can depend on how IE is started. There are many, many ways that IE
    can be started and it is possible that some of the ways will start 32-bit
    IE and some of the ways will start 64-bit IE. Most of the default ways to
    start IE should be starting 32-bit IE however there could be instances
    where a 64-bit method still exists for example a 64-bit program creates a
    new file association and it points to 64-bit Iexplore instead of 32-bit
    Iexplore.. However it a link explicitly calls %program files%\Internet
    Explorer\Iexplore.exe. Most of the file associations referred to by Dan
    should start 32-bit IE.
    We need more information about how IE is being started from inside OE to
    determine why 64-bit IE is starting.
    Is it starting via a URL? what is the URL?
    Is it starting via a shortcut?
    Is it started via a API call?
    Is it started via a script?
    Is it started via a menu item?
    Is it started by a file association link like *.htm? Is so what file
    extension?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Dan Koerner" <>
    <Subject: Re: Iexplorer 64 bit
    <Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:33:49 -0500
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Charlie,
    <Hmmm... that may be the case for some. However, I believe that my 64 bit
    OE ("C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe") calls 32 bit IE for .htm
    & .html ( from registered file type: HTM Action: &Open App used to perform
    action:
    <"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1). If your
    doesn't, it could be changed. :/
    <--
    <> no, from OE it calls 64-bit IE, since OE is 64-bit. From Outlook,
    however,
    <> or any 32-bit application, it will call 32-bit IE.
    <>
    <> --
    <> Charlie.
    <> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    <>
    <> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    <>> You are confused right? You want to click a link in Outlook Express and
    <>> load 32-bit IE? Its does that already.
    <>> --
    <>>
    <>> "PaulM" <> wrote in message
    <>> news:...
    <>>> I have not really looked into this yet, maybe it is real easy. When i
    <>>> click on a link in Outlook Express it will load Iexplorer 64 bit. I
    <>>> would like it to load Outlook Express 32 bit, because roboform does
    not
    <>>> work with Iexplorer 64 bit.
    <>>>
    <>>> --
    <>>> ----Paul----
    <>>> www.paulsxp.com
    <>
    <>
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 11, 2006
  14. Hello,
    I suspect that may a site redirection. I am not sure on this, but the site
    should be able to detect which platform the browser is running , then
    prompt to redirect.
    I don't think Internet Explorer does this.
    So Windows Update site may know the browser is 64-bit and it is what is
    starting 32-bit Internet Explorer.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "PaulM" <>
    <Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:14:29 -0500
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <So far that is the only time it happened.
    <
    <--
    <----Paul----
    <
    <
    <"DP" <> wrote in message
    <> Is that the only place you'll get that message? Or will ie64
    automatically
    <> tell you when it needs to switch to 32?
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <> "PaulM" <> wrote in message
    <> news:OC0%...
    <>> It happened with windows update. You can not use IE64.
    <>>
    <>> --
    <>> ----Paul----
    <>> www.paulsxp.com
    <>> "DP" <> wrote in message
    <>> news:...
    <>>>
    <>>> "PaulM" <> wrote in message
    <>>> news:...
    <>>>>I have not really looked into this yet, maybe it is real easy. When i
    <>>>>click on a link in Outlook Express it will load Iexplorer 64 bit. I
    <>>>>would like it to load Outlook Express 32 bit, because roboform does
    not
    <>>>>work with Iexplorer 64 bit.
    <>>>>
    <>>>> --
    <>>>> ----Paul----
    <>>>> www.paulsxp.com
    <>>>>
    <>>>
    <>>>
    <>>
    <>>
    <>
    <>
    <
    <
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 11, 2006
  15. PaulM

    PJB Guest

    Getting back on the subject, click on a link in OE on my machine also brings
    up IE 64bit no matter what link or what site. Even when IE 32bit is open
    with another page OE will still use 64 bit version of IE.

    Peter Banks
    Wellington, NZ

    PJB, Mar 15, 2006
  16. That I would expect. OE is 64bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 15, 2006
  17. I think if you already have a 32-bit IE window open when you click on the
    email link then it will use the 32-bit IE.
    Larry

    Larry Hutchinson, Mar 23, 2006