    I have 10 copies of iexplore.exe only one in c:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer. How do I find what one's running? Can I delete the rest?

    Jim
    Jim, May 10, 2007

  2. Jim

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > I have 10 copies of iexplore.exe only one in c:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer. How do I find what one's running? Can I delete the rest?

    You can find which one is run by determining which one is attached to
    the program filename or icon you execute, which in all probability is
    the one in your Program Files directory. But I would be very curious
    about all of those other unknown .exe/s -- like what are the various
    filesizes and what does your AV/malware agent say about them.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 10, 2007

  3. Jim

    Guest

    , May 10, 2007
  4. Jim

    Guest

    wrote:

    > Jim <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have 10 copies of iexplore.exe only one in c:\Program Files\Internet
    >>Explorer. How do I find what one's running? Can I delete the rest?

    >download and run Process Explorer
    >http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html
    >
    >Double click on the IE listed, read it's image; that is the path to
    >the one running, delete or rename the rest.

    To add my path is:
    Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

    As Mike Easter mentioned you need to find out why you have so many
    installed, and if not running from the above path, you need to do some
    major maintenance on your computer.
    --
    Bette Davis Eyes
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-RdAzkKlXY