IEEE1394 (Firewire) Devices No Longer Capture Video w/ Camcorder

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?SkQgUm9nZXJz?=, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Hi --

    After installing all the latest Win XP Pro x64 updates, I can no longer
    capture video through my Sony Camcorder and the Firewire ports. The device
    manager sees both ports, and sees the camera when playback is initiated.
    However capturing does not work. They are both OHCI compliant (one is through
    my Creative Audigy2 ZS Platinum card, one tghrough the mobo). Neither work
    but they DID work before the latest round of updates. I don't know which
    update is the culprit.

    I also read on the Windows site about the exact same thing happening with
    the XP Pro (32) SP2 release. There is a fix for this (Article ID 904412) --
    but not for x64.

    I was using Pinnacle Studio 10.1 to capture video successfully before it
    stopped working -- that and the above problem with SP2 makes me suspect the
    latest Windows updates.

    I have an Athlon 64 x2 3800, Asus A8N-Sli Mobo, 1gb corsair 3200 ram (2x
    512), 2 pata and 2 sata drives.

    Can anyone give me guidance? Thanks so much --

    --
    Jim Rogers

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQgUm9nZXJz?=, Jan 11, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SkQgUm9nZXJz?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Looks like a trend :)

    John Barnes, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) Devices No Longer Capture Video w/ Camcord

    :)

    Looks like my co-worker created a post as well. Can we delete my post that
    is the one below (or ignore it) and keep this thread open please.

    =?Utf-8?B?bW1jZ2lubGV5?=, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) Devices No Longer Capture Video w/ Camcord

    My 5 year old JVC DV camera (GR-DVF31UM) still works after the updates.
    Plugged in the camera to the firewire port, launched Windows Movie Maker and
    captured a few secs just to be sure.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 11, 2006
  5. Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) Devices No Longer Capture Video w/ Camcord

    Thanks again -- More info -- what does not work is "microsoft DV camera and
    VCR" -- a Microsoft applet? I've tried several apps now, including Vegas
    trial, no luck.
    --
    Jim Rogers

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQgUm9nZXJz?=, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) Devices No Longer Capture Video w/ Camcord

    I use Windows Movie Maker and Nero Vision Express with no problem.
    Both capture properly.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 13, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SkQgUm9nZXJz?=

    Guest

    Re: IEEE1394 (Firewire) Devices No Longer Capture Video w/ Camcord

    I too have a similar problem. I have Windows 2003 x64 edition, which is
    basically the same as XP x64. I have a Sony DCR-HC90 DV-camera, and
    when I connect it with FireWire, it only comes up as "61883 Class Bus
    Device" with a yellow exclamation mark. Any ideas why it is not shown
    properly? Pinnacle 10.1 and Nero Vision 7 cannot find any sources
    either of course when it is a yellow exclamation mark.

    , Jan 15, 2006