IEEE 1284.4 generic printing support / HP LaserJet printer support

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Manuel Lopez, Oct 16, 2005.

  1. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed to
    install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000. However, there
    are some problems:
    1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test pages
    do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic IEEE
    1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed without
    question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.

    Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and that's
    not working.)
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 16, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you have to
    trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you plug the
    printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it doesn't have a
    driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL6 driver,
    and you should be able to print to it.

    Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very specific
    steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is to use
    a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to that. It
    won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but the printer
    portion of it should work just fine.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Manuel Lopez wrote:
    > I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed to
    > install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000. However,
    > there are some problems:
    > 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test pages
    > do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    > 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic IEEE
    > 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    > printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed without
    > question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >
    > Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    > that's not working.)
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 16, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    Thanks. What you say is what happened for the PS driver, but not for the
    PCL6. I suspect it has something to do with trying to install two drivers
    to the same port, and if I had installed the PCL6 first, I'd be having
    problems with the PS. I'll see what HP tells me (they didn't have any
    specific steps on their website).

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you have to
    > trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you plug
    > the printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it doesn't have a
    > driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL6
    > driver, and you should be able to print to it.
    >
    > Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very specific
    > steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is to
    > use a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to that.
    > It won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but the printer
    > portion of it should work just fine.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    > Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >> I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed to
    >> install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000. However,
    >> there are some problems:
    >> 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test
    >> pages
    >> do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    >> 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic IEEE
    >> 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    >> printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed without
    >> question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    >> that's not working.)

    >
    >
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 16, 2005
    #3
  4. You should be able to Add a printer, point to that exact same port, and then
    choose a driver for it. It's how I've added both PCL and PS to my printer.

    I'm not sure what PCL would gain you that PS doesn't do, however. PCL
    drivers are usually faster, especially for that first page, but otherwise, I
    don't think they're any better.


    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Manuel Lopez wrote:
    > Thanks. What you say is what happened for the PS driver, but not for the
    > PCL6. I suspect it has something to do with trying to install two drivers
    > to the same port, and if I had installed the PCL6 first, I'd be having
    > problems with the PS. I'll see what HP tells me (they didn't have any
    > specific steps on their website).
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you have to
    >> trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you plug
    >> the printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it doesn't have
    >> a driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL6
    >> driver, and you should be able to print to it.
    >>
    >> Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very specific
    >> steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is to
    >> use a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to that.
    >> It won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but the
    >> printer portion of it should work just fine.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>> I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed to
    >>> install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000. However,
    >>> there are some problems:
    >>> 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test
    >>> pages
    >>> do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    >>> 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic IEEE
    >>> 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    >>> printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed without
    >>> question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    >>> that's not working.)
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 16, 2005
    #4
  5. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    I can do that, but after the printer is added, it won't print at all to it,
    and there is other strange behavior (*LONG* delays to get printer properties
    page open for all printers). However, things go back to normal after
    deleting the PCL printer. I'll use the PS printer for now, and wait for HP
    to release x64 drivers for multi-function lasers. Thanks.


    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You should be able to Add a printer, point to that exact same port, and
    > then choose a driver for it. It's how I've added both PCL and PS to my
    > printer.
    >
    > I'm not sure what PCL would gain you that PS doesn't do, however. PCL
    > drivers are usually faster, especially for that first page, but otherwise,
    > I don't think they're any better.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 16, 2005
    #5
  6. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    I discovered that if I give up bi-directional printer support, the pcl6
    driver will work.

    The hp drivers are a bit flaky--for example, long print jobs (to both ps and
    pcl drivers) tend to give out of memory errors when they didn't under x86,
    despite my using the same settings in both x86 and x64.

    Also, turning the printer off and on causes the "new hardware found" message
    to pop up.


    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You should be able to Add a printer, point to that exact same port, and
    > then choose a driver for it. It's how I've added both PCL and PS to my
    > printer.
    >
    > I'm not sure what PCL would gain you that PS doesn't do, however. PCL
    > drivers are usually faster, especially for that first page, but otherwise,
    > I don't think they're any better.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    > Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >> Thanks. What you say is what happened for the PS driver, but not for the
    >> PCL6. I suspect it has something to do with trying to install two
    >> drivers
    >> to the same port, and if I had installed the PCL6 first, I'd be having
    >> problems with the PS. I'll see what HP tells me (they didn't have any
    >> specific steps on their website).
    >>
    >> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you have
    >>> to
    >>> trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you plug
    >>> the printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it doesn't have
    >>> a driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL6
    >>> driver, and you should be able to print to it.
    >>>
    >>> Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very specific
    >>> steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is to
    >>> use a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to that.
    >>> It won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but the
    >>> printer portion of it should work just fine.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Charlie.
    >>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>>
    >>> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>>> I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed to
    >>>> install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000. However,
    >>>> there are some problems:
    >>>> 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test
    >>>> pages
    >>>> do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    >>>> 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic
    >>>> IEEE
    >>>> 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    >>>> printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed without
    >>>> question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >>>>
    >>>> Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    >>>> that's not working.)

    >
    >
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 17, 2005
    #6
  7. It sounds like you're connecting with a standard printer cable, NOT via USB.
    I'd strongly recommend USB for this scenario.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Manuel Lopez wrote:
    > I discovered that if I give up bi-directional printer support, the pcl6
    > driver will work.
    >
    > The hp drivers are a bit flaky--for example, long print jobs (to both ps
    > and pcl drivers) tend to give out of memory errors when they didn't under
    > x86, despite my using the same settings in both x86 and x64.
    >
    > Also, turning the printer off and on causes the "new hardware found"
    > message to pop up.
    >
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> You should be able to Add a printer, point to that exact same port, and
    >> then choose a driver for it. It's how I've added both PCL and PS to my
    >> printer.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what PCL would gain you that PS doesn't do, however. PCL
    >> drivers are usually faster, especially for that first page, but
    >> otherwise, I don't think they're any better.
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>> Thanks. What you say is what happened for the PS driver, but not for
    >>> the PCL6. I suspect it has something to do with trying to install two
    >>> drivers
    >>> to the same port, and if I had installed the PCL6 first, I'd be having
    >>> problems with the PS. I'll see what HP tells me (they didn't have any
    >>> specific steps on their website).
    >>>
    >>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...
    >>>> Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you have
    >>>> to
    >>>> trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you
    >>>> plug the printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it
    >>>> doesn't have a driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet 4000
    >>>> Series PCL6 driver, and you should be able to print to it.
    >>>>
    >>>> Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very specific
    >>>> steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is
    >>>> to use a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to
    >>>> that. It won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but
    >>>> the printer portion of it should work just fine.
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Charlie.
    >>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>>>
    >>>> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>>>> I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed
    >>>>> to install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000.
    >>>>> However, there are some problems:
    >>>>> 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test
    >>>>> pages
    >>>>> do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    >>>>> 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic
    >>>>> IEEE
    >>>>> 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    >>>>> printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed without
    >>>>> question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    >>>>> that's not working.)
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 17, 2005
    #7
  8. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    No, I'm connecting with USB ("(DOT4 USB) "). I'm not sure the 3380 even
    has a parallel port, and my computer doesn't.

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It sounds like you're connecting with a standard printer cable, NOT via
    > USB. I'd strongly recommend USB for this scenario.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    > Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >> I discovered that if I give up bi-directional printer support, the pcl6
    >> driver will work.
    >>
    >> The hp drivers are a bit flaky--for example, long print jobs (to both ps
    >> and pcl drivers) tend to give out of memory errors when they didn't under
    >> x86, despite my using the same settings in both x86 and x64.
    >>
    >> Also, turning the printer off and on causes the "new hardware found"
    >> message to pop up.
    >>
    >>
    >> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> You should be able to Add a printer, point to that exact same port, and
    >>> then choose a driver for it. It's how I've added both PCL and PS to my
    >>> printer.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not sure what PCL would gain you that PS doesn't do, however. PCL
    >>> drivers are usually faster, especially for that first page, but
    >>> otherwise, I don't think they're any better.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Charlie.
    >>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>>
    >>> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>>> Thanks. What you say is what happened for the PS driver, but not for
    >>>> the PCL6. I suspect it has something to do with trying to install two
    >>>> drivers
    >>>> to the same port, and if I had installed the PCL6 first, I'd be having
    >>>> problems with the PS. I'll see what HP tells me (they didn't have any
    >>>> specific steps on their website).
    >>>>
    >>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    >>>> message news:...
    >>>>> Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you have
    >>>>> to
    >>>>> trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you
    >>>>> plug the printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it
    >>>>> doesn't have a driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet 4000
    >>>>> Series PCL6 driver, and you should be able to print to it.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very
    >>>>> specific
    >>>>> steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is
    >>>>> to use a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to
    >>>>> that. It won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but
    >>>>> the printer portion of it should work just fine.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> --
    >>>>> Charlie.
    >>>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>>>>> I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed
    >>>>>> to install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000.
    >>>>>> However, there are some problems:
    >>>>>> 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test
    >>>>>> pages
    >>>>>> do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    >>>>>> 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic
    >>>>>> IEEE
    >>>>>> 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    >>>>>> printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed
    >>>>>> without
    >>>>>> question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    >>>>>> that's not working.)

    >
    >
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 17, 2005
    #8
  9. HP claims it has a parallel port, but I'm surprised by the bi-directional
    issue then.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Manuel Lopez wrote:
    > No, I'm connecting with USB ("(DOT4 USB) "). I'm not sure the 3380 even
    > has a parallel port, and my computer doesn't.
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> It sounds like you're connecting with a standard printer cable, NOT via
    >> USB. I'd strongly recommend USB for this scenario.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>> I discovered that if I give up bi-directional printer support, the pcl6
    >>> driver will work.
    >>>
    >>> The hp drivers are a bit flaky--for example, long print jobs (to both ps
    >>> and pcl drivers) tend to give out of memory errors when they didn't
    >>> under x86, despite my using the same settings in both x86 and x64.
    >>>
    >>> Also, turning the printer off and on causes the "new hardware found"
    >>> message to pop up.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...
    >>>> You should be able to Add a printer, point to that exact same port, and
    >>>> then choose a driver for it. It's how I've added both PCL and PS to my
    >>>> printer.
    >>>>
    >>>> I'm not sure what PCL would gain you that PS doesn't do, however. PCL
    >>>> drivers are usually faster, especially for that first page, but
    >>>> otherwise, I don't think they're any better.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Charlie.
    >>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>>>
    >>>> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>>>> Thanks. What you say is what happened for the PS driver, but not for
    >>>>> the PCL6. I suspect it has something to do with trying to install two
    >>>>> drivers
    >>>>> to the same port, and if I had installed the PCL6 first, I'd be having
    >>>>> problems with the PS. I'll see what HP tells me (they didn't have any
    >>>>> specific steps on their website).
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    >>>>> message news:...
    >>>>>> Because your printer isn't in the list of supported printers, you
    >>>>>> have to
    >>>>>> trick it to work. The port should be automatically created when you
    >>>>>> plug the printer in to the USB port, but it will fail because it
    >>>>>> doesn't have a driver. Then go in an manually add the HP LaserJet
    >>>>>> 4000 Series PCL6 driver, and you should be able to print to it.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Your best bet if this doesn't work is to go to HP and get very
    >>>>>> specific
    >>>>>> steps that will enable your particular printer. Another workaround is
    >>>>>> to use a TCP/IP print server externally to your printer, and print to
    >>>>>> that. It won't give you the multifunction portion of the device, but
    >>>>>> the printer portion of it should work just fine.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> --
    >>>>>> Charlie.
    >>>>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>>>>>> I have an HP LaserJet 3380 (PCL6). For a near substitute, I managed
    >>>>>>> to install the PostScript printer driver for HP LaserJet 4000.
    >>>>>>> However, there are some problems:
    >>>>>>> 1. When I install the PCL6 version of this or another printer, test
    >>>>>>> pages
    >>>>>>> do NOT print, and I have to remove the printer.
    >>>>>>> 2. I have a yellow question mark in device manager next to Generic
    >>>>>>> IEEE
    >>>>>>> 1284.4 printing support. However, I have an "IEEE 1284.4 compatible
    >>>>>>> printer" and also an "IEEE 1284.4 device" (DOT4 USB) installed
    >>>>>>> without
    >>>>>>> question marks--presumably for the Postscript version.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Any suggestions? (HP recommended I use the LaserJet 4000 PCL 6--and
    >>>>>>> that's not working.)
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 18, 2005
    #9
  10. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    You're right the 3380 does have a parallel port--it was concealed by the
    panel. (But I have only USB ports on my PC.)

    I reported the issues to HP, but who knows when they'll have a new driver.
    They did suggest trying drivers for older printers (PCL5), so I'll try that.
    On the bright side, this has been my only issue with x64--despite all the
    32-bit specific custom code I run--and it does boot and run snappy.


    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > HP claims it has a parallel port, but I'm surprised by the bi-directional
    > issue then.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 19, 2005
    #10
  11. HP still sticks those parallel ports on pretty much all their printers. I
    think they bought a lifetime supply and are trying to get their money's
    worth. ;)



    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Manuel Lopez wrote:
    > You're right the 3380 does have a parallel port--it was concealed by the
    > panel. (But I have only USB ports on my PC.)
    >
    > I reported the issues to HP, but who knows when they'll have a new driver.
    > They did suggest trying drivers for older printers (PCL5), so I'll try
    > that. On the bright side, this has been my only issue with x64--despite
    > all the 32-bit specific custom code I run--and it does boot and run
    > snappy.
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> HP claims it has a parallel port, but I'm surprised by the bi-directional
    >> issue then.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 19, 2005
    #11
  12. Manuel Lopez

    Manuel Lopez Guest

    Got rid of the "new hardware found" pop up and 1284.4 yellow question mark
    by re-doing the printer install.

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > HP still sticks those parallel ports on pretty much all their printers. I
    > think they bought a lifetime supply and are trying to get their money's
    > worth. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    > Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >> You're right the 3380 does have a parallel port--it was concealed by the
    >> panel. (But I have only USB ports on my PC.)
    >>
    >> I reported the issues to HP, but who knows when they'll have a new
    >> driver.
    >> They did suggest trying drivers for older printers (PCL5), so I'll try
    >> that. On the bright side, this has been my only issue with x64--despite
    >> all the 32-bit specific custom code I run--and it does boot and run
    >> snappy.
    >>
    >> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> HP claims it has a parallel port, but I'm surprised by the
    >>> bi-directional
    >>> issue then.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Charlie.
    >>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    >
    >
    Manuel Lopez, Oct 23, 2005
    #12
  13. good!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Manuel Lopez wrote:
    > Got rid of the "new hardware found" pop up and 1284.4 yellow question
    > mark by re-doing the printer install.
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> HP still sticks those parallel ports on pretty much all their printers. I
    >> think they bought a lifetime supply and are trying to get their money's
    >> worth. ;)
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> Manuel Lopez wrote:
    >>> You're right the 3380 does have a parallel port--it was concealed by the
    >>> panel. (But I have only USB ports on my PC.)
    >>>
    >>> I reported the issues to HP, but who knows when they'll have a new
    >>> driver.
    >>> They did suggest trying drivers for older printers (PCL5), so I'll try
    >>> that. On the bright side, this has been my only issue with x64--despite
    >>> all the 32-bit specific custom code I run--and it does boot and run
    >>> snappy.
    >>>
    >>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...
    >>>> HP claims it has a parallel port, but I'm surprised by the
    >>>> bi-directional
    >>>> issue then.
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Charlie.
    >>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 23, 2005
    #13
  14. Manuel Lopez

    barremadman Guest

    Thanks Everyone on this Issue. Went from XP to Vista And my 1215
    HPphotosmart did want anything to do with this Big move. But after
    reading your input . It work when I used HPphotosmart 2570 series.
    Works pretty good. I had tried lazer jet and other HP's printes with no
    luck. So just try with your module of printer ?


    --
    barremadman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    barremadman's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/145500.htm
    View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/383835.htm

    http://forums.techarena.in
    barremadman, Oct 18, 2009
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Leythos

    HP LaserJet 2100 printing vertical line

    Leythos, Aug 28, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    647
  2. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    5,210
    ssimpson24
    Aug 29, 2013
  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbA==?=

    Epson IEEE 1394 & Vista Ultimate x64 NO support

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbA==?=, May 25, 2007, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    460
    =?Utf-8?B?V29sZnJhbQ==?=
    Jul 19, 2007
  4. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,263
  5. Will Hay
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    960
    John P. Dearing
    Feb 28, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page