    tab is empty, this happens not just on the first tab but any others and has
    nothing to do with the sites and the Restricted thing is empty, but I do use a
    large host file.

    Mary Hanna, Nov 30, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:54:50 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    > Well dnloaded Opera 10.10 the other day and just had a play with it,
    > needs some sorting out but a few things I have noticed imported IE8
    > favorites very Fast and in almost in the same order, Firefox does not..

    How is it that you always have problems with basic desktop applications not working as they work for
    everyone else?

    Carnations, Nov 30, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:53:06 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:54:50 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> Well dnloaded Opera 10.10 the other day and just had a play with it,
    >> needs some sorting out but a few things I have noticed imported IE8
    >> favorites very Fast and in almost in the same order, Firefox does not..

    >How is it that you always have problems with basic desktop applications not working as they work for
    >everyone else?

    That is Total BULL and its been posted here that there are problems with Tabs
    and IE8

    Mary Hanna, Nov 30, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:12:28 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >Mary Hanna wrote:
    >> Well dnloaded Opera 10.10 the other day and just had a play with it, needs
    >> some sorting out but a few things I have noticed imported IE8 favorites very
    >> Fast and in almost in the same order, Firefox does not..
    >>
    >> Tabbing need to have some tuning, but so far it does Not Drop Tabs and they
    >> load 10 times faster..
    >>
    >> IE 8 Dropping Tabs, (about 80% of the time) is when you select a URL from the
    >> Favorites, then select another Tab and select another URL from the Favorites
    >> list, only to find out the fist Tab is replaced by the second and the second
    >> tab is empty, this happens not just on the first tab but any others and has
    >> nothing to do with the sites and the Restricted thing is empty, but I do use a
    >> large host file.
    >>

    >Ah, what you call "dropping tabs" happens to me quite often. IE8 takes
    >forever to make a new tab it seems. Much longer than firefox is which is
    >one of the reasons I dont really use it much.
    >
    >What you are seeing is the new tab not being made before choosing the
    >favorite.... Nothing dropped at all.

    I call it dropping as the site is no longer in the Tab..

    Mary Hanna, Nov 30, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:53:06 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:54:50 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well dnloaded Opera 10.10 the other day and just had a play with it,
    >>> needs some sorting out but a few things I have noticed imported IE8
    >>> favorites very Fast and in almost in the same order, Firefox does not..

    >>How is it that you always have problems with basic desktop applications
    >>not working as they work for
    >>everyone else?

    > That is Total BULL and its been posted here that there are problems with
    > Tabs
    > and IE8

    I've found IE8 also has trouble remembering passwords on some forum sites.

    Craig Sutton, Nov 30, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:47:17 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> Well dnloaded Opera 10.10 the other day and just had a play with it,
    >>> needs some sorting out but a few things I have noticed imported IE8
    >>> favorites very Fast and in almost in the same order, Firefox does
    >>> not..

    >>How is it that you always have problems with basic desktop applications
    >>not working as they work for everyone else?

    > That is Total BULL and its been posted here that there are problems with
    > Tabs and IE8

    But you said above that you had to "sort out" Opera 10.10, and you said that you had problems with
    Firefox.

    Carnations, Nov 30, 2009
  7. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:49 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
    <> wrote:

    >>>How is it that you always have problems with basic desktop applications
    >>>not working as they work for everyone else?

    >> That is Total BULL and its been posted here that there are problems with
    >> Tabs and IE8

    >But you said above that you had to "sort out" Opera 10.10, and you said that you had problems with
    >Firefox.

    No No I have to sort out how to use its correctly, Plus Firefox does not
    import my Bookmarks correctly..

    Mary Hanna, Nov 30, 2009
  8. I caught a glimpse of Mary Hanna <> on Mon, 30 Nov 2009
    18:54:50 +1300, writing in nz.comp:

    >Well dnloaded Opera 10.10 the other day and just had a play with it, needs
    >some sorting out but a few things I have noticed imported IE8 favorites very
    >Fast and in almost in the same order, Firefox does not..
    >
    >Tabbing need to have some tuning, but so far it does Not Drop Tabs and they
    >load 10 times faster..
    >
    >IE 8 Dropping Tabs, (about 80% of the time) is when you select a URL from the
    >Favorites, then select another Tab and select another URL from the Favorites
    >list, only to find out the fist Tab is replaced by the second and the second
    >tab is empty, this happens not just on the first tab but any others and has
    >nothing to do with the sites and the Restricted thing is empty, but I do use a
    >large host file.

    I'm currently using Opera 10:10 as my default browser and beta testing
    Opera 10:20. I've used Opera since Version 5:10 when it wasn't free and
    we had to pay for it. ;-)

    I only use IE8 when there is a Windows Update and I don't have Firefox
    installed so I can't comment on the comparison of browsers.

    Opera is very configurable, as above when I'm running two Opera versions
    I do backup my Bookmarks & Passwords.

    But Opera also offers automatic synchronisation, so whichever Opera
    browser I happen to be using if I make changes to Bookmarks & Passwords
    they will be recorded and when I open the other Opera version, within a
    few seconds it will be updated.

    If you continue to be interested in the Opera browser they have their
    own news server <news.opera.com> no login is required, otherwise ask
    your questions here.
    --

    Erik

    Erik Vastmasd, Dec 1, 2009
  9. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:31:38 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    > On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:49 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
    > <> wrote:

    >>> That is Total BULL and its been posted here that there are problems
    >>> with Tabs and IE8

    >>But you said above that you had to "sort out" Opera 10.10, and you said
    >>that you had problems with Firefox.

    > No No I have to sort out how to use its correctly, Plus Firefox does not
    > import my Bookmarks correctly..

    What do you mean by "correctly"? And when you say that you need to sort out how to use a browser
    does that mean you don't understand the basic concepts of how to use browsers generally?

    Carnations, Dec 1, 2009
  10. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:59:28 +0000 (UTC), Carnations <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:31:38 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:49 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>But you said above that you had to "sort out" Opera 10.10, and you said
    >>>that you had problems with Firefox.

    >> No No I have to sort out how to use its correctly, Plus Firefox does not
    >> import my Bookmarks correctly..

    >What do you mean by "correctly"? And when you say that you need to sort out how to use a browser
    >does that mean you don't understand the basic concepts of how to use browsers generally?

    I used them before you were born..

    Firefox just imports them as a alphabetical sorted list, not how they are
    listed in IE8

    Mary Hanna, Dec 1, 2009
  11. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:59:20 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> No No I have to sort out how to use its correctly, Plus Firefox does
    >>> not import my Bookmarks correctly..

    >>What do you mean by "correctly"? And when you say that you need to sort
    >>out how to use a browser does that mean you don't understand the basic
    >>concepts of how to use browsers generally?

    > I used them before you were born..

    Riiight! For how long do you think the WWW has been around?

    If you've been using browsers since the first one then why is it that you have so very much difficulty in
    configuring and using them?

    Surely the only answer to that is sheer incom... err... inability? Or is it senility?

    > Firefox just imports them as a alphabetical sorted list, not how they
    > are listed in IE8

    And that is perfectly good behaviour for when importing the contents of multiple small text files from a
    directory.

    Why *should* it do any different?

    Carnations, Dec 2, 2009
  12. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 05:22:12 +0000 (UTC), Carnations <>
    wrote:

    >>>What do you mean by "correctly"? And when you say that you need to sort
    >>>out how to use a browser does that mean you don't understand the basic
    >>>concepts of how to use browsers generally?

    >> I used them before you were born..

    >Riiight! For how long do you think the WWW has been around?

    Yes use NCSA Mosaic so that was a long time ago, may be before you were born.

    >If you've been using browsers since the first one then why is it that you have so very much difficulty in
    >configuring and using them?

    I don't but they do have bugs in them and IE8 is not that compatible, that
    is why MS has given it a Compatibility option

    >Surely the only answer to that is sheer incom... err... inability? Or is it senility?
    >

    >> Firefox just imports them as a alphabetical sorted list, not how they
    >> are listed in IE8

    >And that is perfectly good behaviour for when importing the contents of multiple small text files from a
    >directory.
    >
    >Why *should* it do any different?

    Yes but Opera does is 99% correctly..

    so why not Firefox..?

    When I have got the hang of Opera that will be the one I will be using.

    There is a good saying, what is ones Mans meat is anothers Poison..

    Try to remember that.

    Mary Hanna, Dec 2, 2009
  13. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:52:25 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> I used them before you were born..

    >>Riiight! For how long do you think the WWW has been around?

    > Yes use NCSA Mosaic so that was a long time ago, may be before you were
    > born.

    I'm not sure how that answers the question: "For how long do you think the WWW has been around?"

    Would you care to answer it directly please.

    Carnations, Dec 2, 2009
  14. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:52:25 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>If you've been using browsers since the first one then why is it that
    >>you have so very much difficulty in configuring and using them?

    > I don't but they do have bugs in them and IE8 is not that compatible,
    > that is why MS has given it a Compatibility option
    >
    >>Surely the only answer to that is sheer incom... err... inability? Or is
    >>it senility?
    >>

    >>> Firefox just imports them as a alphabetical sorted list, not how they
    >>> are listed in IE8

    >>And that is perfectly good behaviour for when importing the contents of
    >>multiple small text files from a directory.
    >>
    >>Why *should* it do any different?

    > Yes but Opera does is 99% correctly..

    You appear to be suggesting that "identical with Microsoft" = "Correctly".

    That is quite clearly rubbish.

    > so why not Firefox..?

    Perhaps they consider the Microsoft way to be the way for Microsoft, and not for others.

    Why don't you simply put all your links into a nicely ordered XML page and import that page as is?

    You *ARE* able to read and write markup aren't you? After all, you've [sniggaaaaar] been using HTML
    renderers for the entire life of the WWW!!

    > When I have got the hang of Opera that will be the one I will be using.

    Lovely! It is a good browser. How long do you think it will take you to learn how to use that browser?
    After all it has been around for quite a long time now and is used to display web pages!!!!

    > There is a good saying, what is ones Mans meat is anothers Poison..

    Yes - which man's meat is your poison?

    Carnations, Dec 2, 2009
  15. Mary Hanna

    victor Guest

    Carnations wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:52:25 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >>> If you've been using browsers since the first one then why is it that
    >>> you have so very much difficulty in configuring and using them?

    >> I don't but they do have bugs in them and IE8 is not that compatible,
    >> that is why MS has given it a Compatibility option
    >>
    >>> Surely the only answer to that is sheer incom... err... inability? Or is
    >>> it senility?

    >>> And that is perfectly good behaviour for when importing the contents of
    >>> multiple small text files from a directory.
    >>>
    >>> Why *should* it do any different?

    >> Yes but Opera does is 99% correctly..

    > You appear to be suggesting that "identical with Microsoft" = "Correctly".
    >
    > That is quite clearly rubbish.
    >

    >> so why not Firefox..?

    > Perhaps they consider the Microsoft way to be the way for Microsoft, and not for others.
    >
    > Why don't you simply put all your links into a nicely ordered XML page and import that page as is?
    >
    > You *ARE* able to read and write markup aren't you? After all, you've [sniggaaaaar] been using HTML
    > renderers for the entire life of the WWW!!
    >

    >> When I have got the hang of Opera that will be the one I will be using.

    > Lovely! It is a good browser. How long do you think it will take you to learn how to use that browser?
    > After all it has been around for quite a long time now and is used to display web pages!!!!
    >

    >> There is a good saying, what is ones Mans meat is anothers Poison..

    > Yes - which man's meat is your poison?

    Creepy gay stalker hits on pensioner.

    victor, Dec 2, 2009
  16. Mary Hanna

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >>Riiight! For how long do you think the WWW has been around?

    > > Yes use NCSA Mosaic so that was a long time ago, may be before you were
    > > born.

    > I'm not sure how that answers the question: "For how long do you think the WWW has been around?"
    >
    > Would you care to answer it directly please.

    FFS no wonder ppl have you pegged as a fool on this newsgroup. You've
    been around here long enough to know Woger and his limitations and also
    his peculiar ways but you are coming across here as nothing more than a
    bully and intolerant fool.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Dec 7, 2009
  17. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:06:34 +1300, bAZZ wrote:

    > I'm not sure how that answers the question: "For how long do you think
    >> the WWW has been around?"
    >>
    >> Would you care to answer it directly please.

    > FFS no wonder ppl have you pegged as a fool on this newsgroup. You've
    > been around here long enough to know Woger and his limitations and also
    > his peculiar ways but you are coming across here as nothing more than a
    > bully and intolerant fool.

    Yes I see now that it is unreasonable to ask a simple and clear unambiguous question in plain standard
    English and expect a reasonable and coherent answer that relates directly to the question asked!!!

    Gordon H. T. Bennett!!

    Carnations, Dec 7, 2009
  18. Mary Hanna

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:52:25 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    > >>If you've been using browsers since the first one then why is it that
    > >>you have so very much difficulty in configuring and using them?

    > > I don't but they do have bugs in them and IE8 is not that compatible,
    > > that is why MS has given it a Compatibility option
    > >
    > >>Surely the only answer to that is sheer incom... err... inability? Or is
    > >>it senility?

    > >>And that is perfectly good behaviour for when importing the contents of
    > >>multiple small text files from a directory.
    > >>
    > >>Why *should* it do any different?

    > > Yes but Opera does is 99% correctly..

    > You appear to be suggesting that "identical with Microsoft" = "Correctly".
    >
    > That is quite clearly rubbish.
    >

    > > so why not Firefox..?

    > Perhaps they consider the Microsoft way to be the way for Microsoft, and not for others.
    >
    > Why don't you simply put all your links into a nicely ordered XML page and import that page as is?
    >
    > You *ARE* able to read and write markup aren't you? After all, you've [sniggaaaaar] been using HTML
    > renderers for the entire life of the WWW!!
    >

    > > When I have got the hang of Opera that will be the one I will be using.

    > Lovely! It is a good browser. How long do you think it will take you to learn how to use that browser?
    > After all it has been around for quite a long time now and is used to display web pages!!!!
    >

    > > There is a good saying, what is ones Mans meat is anothers Poison..

    > Yes - which man's meat is your poison?

    Yes I see now that this is you asking a reasonable and simple, clear
    unambiguous question in plain standard English and expecting a
    reasonable and coherent answer that relates directly to the question
    asked!!!

    For fucks sake he's answered your questions and still you continue
    baiting him. To me it appears that you are picking on him as he lacks
    the abilty to debate rationaly and you well know that but still you pick
    pick away finding fault and continuing to try and belittle and humiliate
    him. He's a sick old man but of late his posts have not been anywhere as
    bad as they used to be and he is much mellower than he used to be. Even
    civil alot more but you keep at him whenever you can. Not really afair
    fight is it ? Your one of those usenet bullies who get shot to flames in
    most all of your posts so pick on Roger to get your jollies. Your a
    fucking freak. Dunno why I am even bothering with you.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Dec 7, 2009
  19. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:51:08 +1300, bAZZ wrote:

    > He's a
    > sick old man but of late his posts have not been anywhere as bad as they
    > used to be and he is much mellower than he used to be. Even civil alot
    > more but you keep at him whenever you can.

    I wasn't aware of his health status, or his age, other than him claiming to be a mainframe engineer from
    an unspecified time in the past working on unspecified mainframes doing unspecified things.

    > Not really afair fight is it
    > ? Your one of those usenet bullies who get shot to flames in most all of
    > your posts so pick on Roger to get your jollies.

    Incorrect.

    > Your a fucking freak.

    Why thank you! Your feedback is most warmly welcomed and appreciated.

    Carnations, Dec 7, 2009
  20. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 07:49:45 +0000 (UTC), Carnations <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:06:34 +1300, bAZZ wrote:
    >
    >> I'm not sure how that answers the question: "For how long do you think
    >>> the WWW has been around?"
    >>>
    >>> Would you care to answer it directly please.

    >> FFS no wonder ppl have you pegged as a fool on this newsgroup. You've
    >> been around here long enough to know Woger and his limitations and also
    >> his peculiar ways but you are coming across here as nothing more than a
    >> bully and intolerant fool.

    >Yes I see now that it is unreasonable to ask a simple and clear unambiguous question in plain standard
    >English and expect a reasonable and coherent answer that relates directly to the question asked!!!
    >
    >Gordon H. T. Bennett!!

    There is a Very good reason Not to reply to the request as it had nothing to
    do with the Topic at all.

    I was on about IE8 tabs being crap but Opera ones seems OK..

    Mary Hanna, Dec 8, 2009