    my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
    use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
    would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

    Alexis Soyer, Apr 8, 2010

  2. On 4/8/2010 4:39 PM, Alexis Soyer wrote:
    > Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
    > aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
    > click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
    > Not the site I clicked.
    >
    > I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
    > have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
    > my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
    > use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
    > would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

    Check this links
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116848.html
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

    Keshav Sharma, Apr 8, 2010

  3. Alexis Soyer

    Mike Easter Guest

    Keshav Sharma wrote:
    > Alexis Soyer wrote:
    >> I am
    >> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
    >> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.

    >> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
    >> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
    >> my computer (OS XP).

    > Check this links
    > http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116848.html
    > http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

    The virus and malware removal section of techspot forums has good advice
    structured around: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware
    removal board (to force everyone - supplicant and helpers - to follow
    the 8step protocols), 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal
    Instructions, Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or
    Formatting and their system of identifying moderators and known malware
    helpers by color-coding them.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 8, 2010
  4. Alexis Soyer

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 04:09:24 -0700 (PDT), Alexis Soyer wrote:

    > Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
    > aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
    > click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
    > Not the site I clicked.
    >
    > I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
    > have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
    > my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
    > use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
    > would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

    clear your history cache. Some times the dns hijackers remain their.
    Install hijackthis and check out the results.

    richard, Apr 8, 2010