    site etc.

    Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..

    In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4 sites.
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its doing is
    > some
    > 60% of the time.
    >

    > ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select
    > another
    > site etc.
    >
    > Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..
    >
    > In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4
    > sites.

    Why don't you use a different browser then? It's not as though there's not
    plenty of choice.

    Firefox?
    Chrome?
    Opera?
    Safari?
    Nik Coughlin, Nov 19, 2009

  3. On Nov 19, 1:43 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its doing is some
    > 60% of the time.
    >
    > ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select another
    > site etc.
    >
    > Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..
    >
    > In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4 sites.

    clean out your IE suboptimal addons that you may have installed
    Manage Addons from inside browser, or just disable all of them to see
    if the problem repros

    Start Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or iexplore.exe -extoff
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 19, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:51:33 +1300, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:

    >"Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its doing is
    >> some
    >> 60% of the time.
    >>

    >> ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select
    >> another
    >> site etc.
    >>
    >> Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..
    >>
    >> In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4
    >> sites.

    >Why don't you use a different browser then? It's not as though there's not
    >plenty of choice.
    >
    >Firefox?
    >Chrome?
    >Opera?
    >Safari?

    Yes but they just can't handle my Large Favorites file, Plus the weeks it will
    take to sort it out, The problem is the Tabs in IE8 are implemented better
    than Firefox
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:52:43 -0800 (PST), Nathan Mercer <>
    wrote:

    >On Nov 19, 1:43 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    >> Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its doing is some
    >> 60% of the time.
    >>
    >> ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select another
    >> site etc.
    >>
    >> Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..
    >>
    >> In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4 sites.

    >clean out your IE suboptimal addons that you may have installed
    >Manage Addons from inside browser, or just disable all of them to see
    >if the problem repros
    >
    >Start Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or iexplore.exe -extoff

    I don't use Addons.
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:53:30 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Mary Hanna wrote:
    >> Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its
    >> doing is some 60% of the time.
    >>

    >> ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select
    >> another site etc.
    >>
    >> Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..
    >>
    >> In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4
    >> sites.

    >I use IE 8 every day on at least 3 computers, and have NEVER seen the
    >behaviour you describe.
    >
    >I'd say chances are that your system is somehow screwed up.
    >

    >geoff

    Been like that from Day one but its now 60% worse.

    Its OK if I wait 5 mins for every new tab..
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  7. On Nov 19, 3:27 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > >> Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its doing is some
    > >> 60% of the time.

    > >> ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select another
    > >> site etc.

    > >> Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..

    > >> In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4 sites.

    > >clean out your IE suboptimal addons that you may have installed
    > >Manage Addons from inside browser, or just disable all of them to see
    > >if the problem repros

    > >Start Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or iexplore.exe -extoff

    > I don't use Addons.- Hide quoted text -

    great, but did you try running IE with no extensions on, and see if
    you have the same problem?
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 19, 2009
  8. On Nov 19, 3:27 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > >> Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its doing is
    > >> some
    > >> 60% of the time.

    > >> ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select
    > >> another
    > >> site etc.

    > >> Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..

    > >> In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4
    > >> sites.

    > >Why don't you use a different browser then?  It's not as though there's not
    > >plenty of choice.

    > >Firefox?
    > >Chrome?
    > >Opera?
    > >Safari?

    > Yes but they just can't handle my Large Favorites file, Plus the weeks it will
    > take to sort it out, The problem is the Tabs in IE8 are implemented better
    > than Firefox- Hide quoted text -

    How large, is a Large Favorites file?
    IE doesn't even use a favourites file, but files .URL/directories on
    the file system

    How many do you have? I have thousands and no problems here with IE8

    Does the problem reproduce if you temporarily move your favourites, so
    that IE thinks you have none?

    Thanks
    nathan
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 19, 2009
  9. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:29:54 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:53:30 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>> Always had problems with it dropping tabs, not it seems that its
    >>> doing is some 60% of the time.
    >>>

    >>> ie. select a favorite load the site then select a new tab and select
    >>> another site etc.
    >>>
    >>> Keeps dropping most of the sites even when they are fully loaded..
    >>>
    >>> In most cases I am loading say 6 sites in a row, to day it dropped 4
    >>> sites.

    >>I use IE 8 every day on at least 3 computers, and have NEVER seen the
    >>behaviour you describe.
    >>
    >>I'd say chances are that your system is somehow screwed up.
    >>

    >>geoff
    >>

    >Been like that from Day one but its now 60% worse.
    >

    >Its OK if I wait 5 mins for every new tab..

    Could the solution be something obivous ... like clearing your IE
    cache and temp files?
    Donchano, Nov 19, 2009
  10. Mary Hanna

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-11-19, Donchano <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:29:54 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:53:30 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>Its OK if I wait 5 mins for every new tab..

    > Could the solution be something obivous ... like clearing your IE
    > cache and temp files?

    Crank up Crap Cleaner (ccleaner) if you wish to go this route
    Gordon, Nov 19, 2009
  11. Mary Hanna

    Matty F Guest

    On Nov 19, 3:27 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:

    > Yes but they just can't handle my Large Favorites file, Plus the weeks it will
    > take to sort it out, The problem is the Tabs in IE8 are implemented better
    > than Firefox

    Do what I've done - make a homepage with all of your Favorites in it.
    Everything is on one page - up to 500 links or more if you want.
    It's just a text file which you can use for all your browsers and copy
    to all your machines and all your friend's machines.
    The links never get lost when you upgrade your browser.
    Matty F, Nov 19, 2009
  12. In message
    <>, Matty F
    wrote:

    > Do what I've done - make a homepage with all of your Favorites in it.
    > Everything is on one page - up to 500 links or more if you want.
    > It's just a text file which you can use for all your browsers and copy
    > to all your machines and all your friend's machines.
    > The links never get lost when you upgrade your browser.

    Sad, isn’t it, when you use an OS that doesn’t preserve a clear separation
    between system and user data? I’ve been through several different upgrades
    of Firefox versions, and even Linux OS versions, yet my bookmarks have
    remained intact throughout.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 19, 2009
  13. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:30:54 -0800 (PST), Nathan Mercer <>
    wrote:

    >> >clean out your IE suboptimal addons that you may have installed
    >> >Manage Addons from inside browser, or just disable all of them to see
    >> >if the problem repros

    >> >Start Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or iexplore.exe -extoff

    >> I don't use Addons.- Hide quoted text -

    >great, but did you try running IE with no extensions on, and see if
    >you have the same problem?

    Are you referring to add-ons, ? and how do disable extensions as I don't
    see any.

    Add-ons are disabled in Options Advance.
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  14. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:32:47 -0800 (PST), Nathan Mercer <>
    wrote:

    >> >Why don't you use a different browser then?  It's not as though there's not
    >> >plenty of choice.

    >> >Firefox?
    >> >Chrome?
    >> >Opera?
    >> >Safari?

    >> Yes but they just can't handle my Large Favorites file, Plus the weeks it will
    >> take to sort it out, The problem is the Tabs in IE8 are implemented better
    >> than Firefox- Hide quoted text -

    >How large, is a Large Favorites file?
    >IE doesn't even use a favourites file, but files .URL/directories on
    >the file system
    >
    >How many do you have? I have thousands and no problems here with IE8
    >
    >Does the problem reproduce if you temporarily move your favourites, so
    >that IE thinks you have none?
    >
    >Thanks
    >nathan

    Its not IE that is the Problem is Moving the Favorites to Firefox, I prefer
    the way IE8 handles Add-ons

    The IE8 menu Item States Favorites..?
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  15. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:58:08 +1300, Donchano <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:29:54 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    >shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>>I use IE 8 every day on at least 3 computers, and have NEVER seen the
    >>>behaviour you describe.
    >>>
    >>>I'd say chances are that your system is somehow screwed up.
    >>>

    >>>geoff
    >>>

    >>Been like that from Day one but its now 60% worse.
    >>

    >>Its OK if I wait 5 mins for every new tab..

    >Could the solution be something obivous ... like clearing your IE
    >cache and temp files?

    Don't know as I do clear the Temp files often.
    Mary Hanna, Nov 19, 2009
  16. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:07:44 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>Could the solution be something obivous ... like clearing your IE
    >>cache and temp files?

    >Don't know as I do clear the Temp files often.

    What about the IE cache?
    Donchano, Nov 19, 2009
  17. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2009-11-19, Donchano <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:29:54 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Its OK if I wait 5 mins for every new tab..

    >> Could the solution be something obivous ... like clearing your IE
    >> cache and temp files?

    > Crank up Crap Cleaner (ccleaner) if you wish to go this route

    That's what probably got him in the mess in the first place.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 19, 2009
  18. Mary Hanna

    Matty F Guest

    On Nov 19, 6:48 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message
    > <>, Matty F
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Do what I've done - make a homepage with all of your Favorites in it.
    > > Everything is on one page - up to 500 links or more if you want.
    > > It's just a text file which you can use for all your browsers and copy
    > > to all your machines and all your friend's machines.
    > > The links never get lost when you upgrade your browser.

    > Sad, isn’t it, when you use an OS that doesn’t preserve a clear separation
    > between system and user data? I’ve been through several different upgrades
    > of Firefox versions, and even Linux OS versions, yet my bookmarks have
    > remained intact throughout.

    Perhaps it's not the fault of the OS. I have five different browsers
    on three machines, one Linux. My homepage is identical for all of
    them. It's just a Notepad file and can be read or changed easily and
    emailed.
    The bookmarks are always in the same place and the omes I use the most
    have a larger font. They could be coloured if I want.
    Matty F, Nov 19, 2009
  19. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:27:09 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    > Yes but they just can't handle my Large Favorites file, Plus the weeks
    > it will take to sort it out,

    LOL - try removing all your dead links or the links to sites that you haven't revisited in over 2 years.

    And besides, Internet Explorer does not have a "favorites file" - it has a directory (that's "folder" for
    those who only speak microsoft) that contains lots of very small files that waste disc space.

    Firefox uses a structured HTML page.

    > The problem is the Tabs in IE8 are
    > implemented better than Firefox

    How? Have you been privy to reading the source code of both the Internet Explorer application of
    Microsoft Windows and the Firefox program?

    Carnations, Nov 19, 2009
  20. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:30:54 -0800, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    >> >clean out your IE suboptimal addons that you may have installed Manage
    >> >Addons from inside browser, or just disable all of them to see if the
    >> >problem repros

    >> >Start Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or iexplore.exe -extoff

    >> I don't use Addons.- Hide quoted text -

    > great, but did you try running IE with no extensions on, and see if you
    > have the same problem?

    The solution in this case generally is: format the HDD and reinstall Microsoft Windows in order to get
    rid of your malware!

    Carnations, Nov 19, 2009