IE8 / Firefox3 unable to use the Sun JRE6 (64bit), under XP64 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Roy M, Jun 21, 2009.

  1. Roy M

    Roy M Guest

    Both my Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3 are unable to use the 64bit
    verion of Sun JRE6 under Windows XP 64bit.

    So I downloaded 32bit JRE6 and installed... everything work fine.

    Anyone can get the 64bit Sun JRE to work with IE or FF? (or it is
    because these apps are only 32bit...so they can't use 64bit JRE?)

    Currently I have following installed:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

    Anything I need to check?

    Roy M, Jun 21, 2009

  2. Roy M

    Poutnik Guest

    Roy M's previous post was like this :

    > Both my Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3 are unable to use the 64bit
    > verion of Sun JRE6 under Windows XP 64bit.
    >
    > So I downloaded 32bit JRE6 and installed... everything work fine.
    >
    > Anyone can get the 64bit Sun JRE to work with IE or FF? (or it is
    > because these apps are only 32bit...so they can't use 64bit JRE?)

    Do you use 64bit Firefox ?
    Normally it is only 32bit, supposing thay may be 64bit port too.

    But I doubt about usefulness, I suppose plugins/addons
    will not be useable in 64bit FF.

    Also supposing you have checked 64bit IE, not 32bit one.

    --
    Poutnik
    The best depends on how the best is defined.

    Poutnik, Jun 21, 2009