ie8 faster than even Chrome??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zvnteq7, Mar 20, 2009.

  1. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    zvnteq7, Mar 20, 2009

  2. zvnteq7

    Klaatu Guest

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:46:18 GMT, zvnteq7 posted to alt.comp.freeware:

    > Hmmm... I've kept ie6 with stumbleupon and my yahoo toolbar/bookmarks
    > to add new and kool sites, I thought ie6 was faster than ie7 so HOW
    > they got ie8 faster is a mystery.

    Isn't it obvious: dotNET of course.

    --
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Three rights make a left.

    Klaatu, Mar 20, 2009

  3. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Klaatu wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:46:18 GMT, zvnteq7 posted to alt.comp.freeware:
    >
    >> Hmmm... I've kept ie6 with stumbleupon and my yahoo toolbar/bookmarks
    >> to add new and kool sites, I thought ie6 was faster than ie7 so HOW
    >> they got ie8 faster is a mystery.

    > Isn't it obvious: dotNET of course.

    I just downloaded, SLOW AS FUCKING MOLASSES! Back to Seamonkey & Chrome :)

    zvnteq7, Mar 20, 2009
  4. zvnteq7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 20 Mar 2009 20:51:28 GMT, Klaatu <> wrote:

    >Two wrongs don't make a right.

    But two Wrights make an airplane.

    Evan Platt, Mar 20, 2009
  5. zvnteq7

    Mike Echo Guest

    [discussing browser speed]

    I wouldn't be too worried about any speed tests from any source. The
    bottom line for me is that I try various browsers and stick with the
    one/s that seem faster [for me], are more configureable [for me], etc. A
    few milliseconds in some lab test does not guarantee anything with
    regards to my specific experience.

    Also, I don't mind trading off a few hundred milliseconds for features
    such as Greasemonkey, extensions, etc. I'll stick with FF thanks.

    Besides, IE8 is fugly. :)

    R.

    --
    I don't need to tell the world who I plonk. I just do it.

    Mike Echo, Mar 20, 2009
  6. zvnteq7

    -^..^- Guest

    -^..^-, Mar 20, 2009
  7. zvnteq7

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:16:47 -0700

    Voluntary clock police courtesy report.

    At the time of that post, your clock sed about 4:16 pm localtime Pacific
    daylight time which is 11:16 UTC; but the newsserver's clock stamped your
    message an hour earlier; which newsserver's clock is most likely to be
    correct.

    Or, said a simpler way; it appears that your clock is set an hour into
    the future due to a wrong timezone offset -- perhaps due to something
    misconfigured about the daylight time condition.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 20, 2009
  8. zvnteq7 wrote:
    > Klaatu wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:46:18 GMT, zvnteq7 posted to alt.comp.freeware:
    >>
    >>> Hmmm... I've kept ie6 with stumbleupon and my yahoo toolbar/bookmarks
    >>> to add new and kool sites, I thought ie6 was faster than ie7 so HOW
    >>> they got ie8 faster is a mystery.

    >> Isn't it obvious: dotNET of course.
    >>

    > I just downloaded, SLOW AS FUCKING MOLASSES! Back to Seamonkey & Chrome :)

    Apparently its pretty safe too...pwn2own winner said its better than
    Safari on OSX...and FF on windoze beats Safari on OSX....so much for OSX
    being "safer".

    I say we kick Woz in the jimmy junk for letting it get so pwny.
    ^_^

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 20, 2009
  9. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > snuhwolf wrote:
    > Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:16:47 -0700
    >
    > Voluntary clock police courtesy report.
    >
    > At the time of that post, your clock sed about 4:16 pm localtime Pacific
    > daylight time which is 11:16 UTC; but the newsserver's clock stamped your
    > message an hour earlier; which newsserver's clock is most likely to be
    > correct.
    >
    > Or, said a simpler way; it appears that your clock is set an hour into
    > the future due to a wrong timezone offset -- perhaps due to something
    > misconfigured about the daylight time condition.

    Farkin idiot! Snuhwolf is posting from North America, so he's adjusted his
    clock for daylight savings time correctly. But based on the abuse address of
    "datemas.de", it's a safe assumption to say his newsserver is located in
    Germany. The thing you don't seem to grasp is that ONLY NORTH AMERICA HAS
    SET THEIR CLOCKS FORWARD FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, the entire rest of the
    world won't set their clocks ahead until next weekend .... so his
    newsservers time is ALSO correct.

    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 21, 2009
  10. zvnteq7

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jim Bean wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> snuhwolf wrote:
    >> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:16:47 -0700

    >> Or, said a simpler way; it appears that your clock is set an hour into
    >> the future due to a wrong timezone offset -- perhaps due to something
    >> misconfigured about the daylight time condition.

    > Farkin idiot! Snuhwolf is posting from North America, so he's adjusted
    > his clock for daylight savings time correctly. But based on the abuse
    > address of "datemas.de", it's a safe assumption to say his newsserver
    > is located in Germany. The thing you don't seem to grasp is that ONLY
    > NORTH AMERICA HAS SET THEIR CLOCKS FORWARD FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME,
    > the entire rest of the world won't set their clocks ahead until next
    > weekend .... so his newsservers time is ALSO correct.

    You don't get it. It doesn't matter whether a particular place on earth
    is or is not observing daylight time in their localtime. The entire
    southern hemisphere handles daylight time completely differently than the
    northern hemisphere, but that doesn't put the southern hemisphere in a
    'timewarp' which causes them to be in some other time/space than the rest
    of the world.

    The fact is that we are all experiencing the same time at the same time,
    and we can express that same time in UTC to resolve the confusion of what
    time it is localtime or daylight time or not daylight time.

    There is no problem with snuhwolf being in a different timezone than his
    newsprovider, and there is no problem with snuhwolf being someplace in
    North America that doesn't observe daylight time while surrounded by
    others who do, but then the timezone offset should be configured
    accordingly.

    Or, said another way, if your timezone offset is -0700, then your clock
    should be set to the appropriate localtime for the -0700 offset. If your
    timezone offset is something else, like -0600, then your clock should be
    set to the appropriate localtime for the -0600 offset

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 21, 2009
  11. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Jim Bean wrote:
    >> "Mike Easter"
    >>> snuhwolf wrote:
    >>> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:16:47 -0700

    >>> Or, said a simpler way; it appears that your clock is set an hour into
    >>> the future due to a wrong timezone offset -- perhaps due to something
    >>> misconfigured about the daylight time condition.

    >> Farkin idiot! Snuhwolf is posting from North America, so he's adjusted
    >> his clock for daylight savings time correctly. But based on the abuse
    >> address of "datemas.de", it's a safe assumption to say his newsserver
    >> is located in Germany. The thing you don't seem to grasp is that ONLY
    >> NORTH AMERICA HAS SET THEIR CLOCKS FORWARD FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME,
    >> the entire rest of the world won't set their clocks ahead until next
    >> weekend .... so his newsservers time is ALSO correct.

    > You don't get it. It doesn't matter whether a particular place on earth
    > is or is not observing daylight time in their localtime. The entire
    > southern hemisphere handles daylight time completely differently than the
    > northern hemisphere, but that doesn't put the southern hemisphere in a
    > 'timewarp' which causes them to be in some other time/space than the rest
    > of the world.
    >
    > The fact is that we are all experiencing the same time at the same time,
    > and we can express that same time in UTC to resolve the confusion of what
    > time it is localtime or daylight time or not daylight time.
    >
    > There is no problem with snuhwolf being in a different timezone than his
    > newsprovider, and there is no problem with snuhwolf being someplace in
    > North America that doesn't observe daylight time while surrounded by
    > others who do, but then the timezone offset should be configured
    > accordingly.
    >
    > Or, said another way, if your timezone offset is -0700, then your clock
    > should be set to the appropriate localtime for the -0700 offset. If your
    > timezone offset is something else, like -0600, then your clock should be
    > set to the appropriate localtime for the -0600 offset

    Feh...yer *both* wrong. My system uses a sundial.
    So on cloudy days....yeah....obviously theres gonna be a problem.

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 21, 2009