IE8 Display flaws

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mary Hanna, Dec 13, 2009.

  1. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Mary Hanna, Dec 13, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:42:10 -0600, "impossible" <>
    wrote:

    >"Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Check this web site out with IE8 them use Firefox or Opera
    >>
    >> Opera/Firefox displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..
    >>

    >> http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

    >Looks the same to me on IE8 and Firefox.

    The Title is to large and displayed wrong plus some layout problems

    Mary Hanna, Dec 13, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    EMB Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:

    > Check this web site out with IE8 them use Firefox or Opera
    >
    > Opera/Firefox displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..
    >

    > http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

    The issues have **** all to do with IE8 Woger, but a lot to do with the
    98 HTML errors and 21 warnings that page gives when run through the W3C
    HTML validator. The fact it renders correctly in *any* browser is good
    luck rather than a good browser.

    EMB, Dec 13, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    AD. Guest

    Re: IE8 Display flaws

    On Dec 13, 7:24 pm, EMB <> wrote:
    > Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    > > Check this web site out with IE8   them use Firefox or Opera

    > > Opera/Firefox  displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..

    > >http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

    > The issues have **** all to do with IE8 Woger, but a lot to do with the
    > 98 HTML errors and 21 warnings that page gives when run through the W3C
    > HTML validator.  The fact it renders correctly in *any* browser is good
    > luck rather than a good browser.

    Or I suspect IE8 wasn't released when the 'designer' was randomly
    hitting their keyboard until it kinda looked OK in Firefox and Opera
    (and I presume earlier IE versions).

    The six or more levels of nested tables and the amount of presentation
    embedded in attributes made my head hurt. It possibly indicated how
    long ago that particular template was originally written too.

    And now the markup is probably too convoluted to maintain easily.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Dec 13, 2009