    i've been to google and can't find the solution.
    p4 windows xp pro sp2 2gb ram
    tia

    Cindy Stuart, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Cindy Stuart

    Gordon Guest

    "Cindy Stuart" <> wrote in message
    news:ysali.7722$V35.5865@trndny03...
    > i'm happy with firefox but i'm using juno software that requires that ie4
    > or
    > more is installed for it, juno, to work properly.
    > i'm using ie7 but something is wrong; it doesn't show up to uninstall it.
    > ive tried all the ways listed by microsoft and i never get rid of ie7 and
    > never see ie6. i've even tried system restore, a few different times, and
    > ERUNT - and i think i have now just totally messed it all up.
    >
    > So how do i get rid of it and install 6, or even try to install a fresh 7.

    Have you checked the box that says "Show Updates" and then looked under
    Windows Internet explorer?

    Gordon, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Cindy Stuart wrote:

    > i'm happy with firefox but i'm using juno software that requires that
    > ie4 or more is installed for it, juno, to work properly.

    According to their web site, IE is only required for Juno *Turbo*, which
    is the extra-cost "accelerator" software. And if you knew how to fiddle
    with the proxy settings in Firefox, you could use it in that browser as
    well.

    > i'm using ie7 but something is wrong; it doesn't show up to uninstall
    > it. ive tried all the ways listed by microsoft and i never get rid of
    > ie7 and i never see ie6. i've even tried system restore, a few
    > different times, and ERUNT - and i think i have now just totally
    > messed it all up.
    >
    > So how do i get rid of it and install 6, or even try to install a
    > fresh 7.

    Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    and click the "Add/Remove Windows Components" icon.
    Choose to Uninstall Internet Explorer 7, and it will return version 6.

    > it doesn't permit me to install 6 because it sees 7. yet 7 isn't
    > working properly; - and yes i made it my default browser. i've been
    > to google and can't find the solution.

    Just one little icon away ...

    > p4 windows xp pro sp2 2gb ram
    > tia

    Now, while you ponder *Turbo*, read this:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/accelerator.html

    Use Firefox...

    PS: please get your keyboard fixed. Yours has broken Shift Keys.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 11, 2007
  4. Cindy Stuart

    Gordon Guest

    > Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    > and click the "Add/Remove Windows Components" icon.
    > Choose to Uninstall Internet Explorer 7, and it will return version 6.

    No it's in the main panel under WINDOWS Internet explorer. the "Add/Remove
    Windows Components" function only removes ACCESS to Internet Explorer, it
    doesn't actually uninstall it.

    Gordon, Jul 11, 2007
  5. Gordon wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    >> and click the "Add/Remove Windows Components" icon.
    >> Choose to Uninstall Internet Explorer 7, and it will return version 6.

    > No it's in the main panel under WINDOWS Internet explorer. the
    > "Add/Remove Windows Components" function only removes ACCESS to
    > Internet Explorer, it doesn't actually uninstall it.

    Is that by chance something new for Vista? Seems I remember reading a
    bunch of posts for XP users who wanted to go back to do what I posted.

    Does IE7 show up in the regular listing of programs to Add/Remove? (I've
    only got Win2K here at home.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 11, 2007
  6. Cindy Stuart

    Gordon Guest

    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    >>> and click the "Add/Remove Windows Components" icon.
    >>> Choose to Uninstall Internet Explorer 7, and it will return version 6.

    >> No it's in the main panel under WINDOWS Internet explorer. the
    >> "Add/Remove Windows Components" function only removes ACCESS to
    >> Internet Explorer, it doesn't actually uninstall it.

    > Is that by chance something new for Vista? Seems I remember reading a
    > bunch of posts for XP users who wanted to go back to do what I posted.

    No it's for XP as well - because IE6 is actually part of the OS, it can't be
    uninstalled. You can remove the menu items for it by going to add/remoce
    Windows Components. The same applies to OE....

    > Does IE7 show up in the regular listing of programs to Add/Remove? (I've
    > only got Win2K here at home.)

    Yes it does, but it's called WINDOWS Internet explorer, not MICROSOFT
    Internet Explorer....

    Gordon, Jul 12, 2007