    I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
    'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
    fine.
    JFL, Nov 7, 2006

  2. JFL

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:05 GMT, "JFL" <> wrote:

    >I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
    >'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
    >fine.

    In Add/Remove programs, make sure "Show Updates" is checked.
    Evan Platt, Nov 7, 2006

  3. JFL

    Brian Guest

    "JFL" <> wrote in message
    >I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
    >'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
    >fine.

    before you do, backup ALL your data, photos, music, address books, email,
    passwords and favourites. When IE7 uninstalls it removes part of Windows XP
    in error, so you are left without a start button. All you get is a blank
    screen with no icons and to run anything you have to do a CTRL/DEL/ALT, find
    the exe file and wait for years.
    IE7 is fine, just turn off the phishing filter and it is fast enough.
    Brian, Nov 7, 2006
  4. JFL

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, JFL Wrote The Following:
    > I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
    > 'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
    > fine.

    Take your time and give it a chance. IE7 will do everything IE6 will
    do and a lot more. My default is Firefox, but this version of IE is
    quite nice. Haste makes waste :)

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Nov 7, 2006
  5. JFL

    DanR Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > "JFL" <> wrote in message
    >> I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not
    >> appear in 'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had
    >> been working just fine.
    >>

    > before you do, backup ALL your data, photos, music, address books,
    > email, passwords and favourites. When IE7 uninstalls it removes part
    > of Windows XP in error, so you are left without a start button. All
    > you get is a blank screen with no icons and to run anything you have
    > to do a CTRL/DEL/ALT, find the exe file and wait for years.

    Not my experience.
    DanR, Nov 8, 2006
  6. "JFL" <> wrote in message
    >I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear
    >in 'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been
    >working just fine.

    Once you start the Add/Remove Program Control Panel, you'll see a few
    buttons on the left. If you don't see IE 7 on the default screen, click
    on the Add/Remove Windows Components button and you'll likely find it
    there - Microsoft at it's most arrogant.

    -S-
    Steve Freides, Nov 8, 2006
  7. JFL

    Tester Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:05 GMT, "JFL" <> wrote:

    >I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
    >'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working just
    >fine.

    You know you can't really uninstall an IE because it is too closely
    integrated with XP and other programs use pieces of IE.

    If you want you can now just use Mozilla Firefox 2.0 because it now
    works, with IE-omly pages like Windows Update

    But to do this, Firefox loads a piece of IE to display the IE-only
    page. It's just like an Excel spreadsheet embedded in a Word document
    and Word loads a piece of Excel to display the spreadsheet. So the
    trick doesn't work if you really uninstall IE.

    But it means that you only have to put up with part of IE for a few
    pages.

    I like IE7 except for the missing image toolbar from IE6. Itn
    particular it now has tabbing like its competitors.

    Tester, Nov 10, 2006
  8. JFL

    doobydoobydo Guest

    "Tester" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:05 GMT, "JFL" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I would like to uninstall IE& because it sucks, but it does not appear in
    >>'add/remove programs. I updated to IE7 from IE6 which had been working
    >>just
    >>fine.

    I liked the tabbing etc but have just had to uninstall, lucky for me it was
    in add remove progs. Was worried I would lose my favourites but didn't. It
    really, really slowed things down, and most times wouldn't connect. I had
    already tried turning off pshing and tabs. And it kept going to about:blank
    instead of my home page, even though followed instructions to make it go to
    home page.

    Everything back to fine and dandy now, as before update.

    Found this:
    1.. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2.. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    3.. Check Show Updates at the top of the dialog box.
    4.. Scroll down the list to Windows XP Software Updates, select Internet
    Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview, and then click "Change/Remove."
    If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run
    %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. Have "view hidden
    folders" enabled. %windir% is your Windows installation directory, which is
    normally 'C:\Windows' on most systems.

    Or go here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/default.mspx

    and scroll down to Q. How do I install/uninstall Internet Explorer 7.

    And could be absolutely nothing to do with upgrading to Ie 7 but I suddenly
    started getting virus's loads of them and spyware loads and loads. The
    latest being downloader.

    doobydoobydo, Nov 10, 2006