    settings!

    Any idea

    Nick

    NOTTNICK, Oct 29, 2006

  2. NOTTNICK

    dfrog Guest

    "NOTTNICK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > OK you'll have seen I have had a few problems since re-format.
    > Last one (for now anyway).
    > IE7 gives me this page every time (not my choice in homepage options)
    > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
    > trouble is, it's just a blue screen so I cannot do anything to it.
    > I am sure it is the one-off IE7 settings screen, but it doesn't display
    > any settings!
    >
    > Any idea
    >
    > Nick

    Nick, don't know why you're seeing just blue, but you're right, on my screen
    (in IE7 & Maxthon) that link gives the option to set default search provider
    and save settings (and it does have a blue background)

    But in my Opera & Firefox browsers it just shows blue like yours.

    Hope you get it sorted

    dfrog

    dfrog, Oct 29, 2006

  3. NOTTNICK

    Scoresby Guest

    NOTTNICK wrote:
    > OK you'll have seen I have had a few problems since re-format.
    > Last one (for now anyway).
    > IE7 gives me this page every time (not my choice in homepage options)
    > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
    > trouble is, it's just a blue screen so I cannot do anything to it.
    > I am sure it is the one-off IE7 settings screen, but it doesn't display any
    > settings!
    >
    > Any idea

    Install Firefox 2.0 and become extremely happy?

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    Scoresby, Oct 29, 2006
  4. "Scoresby" <> wrote in message

    >> Any idea
    >>

    > Install Firefox 2.0 and become extremely happy?
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    In any other industry, this sort of answer would be treated with the
    contempt that it deserves.

    Michael Cargill, Oct 29, 2006
  5. NOTTNICK

    beenthere Guest

    Make www.google.com your home page !.

    beenthere, Oct 29, 2006
  6. NOTTNICK

    AnonyMouse Guest

    NOTTNICK wrote:
    > OK you'll have seen I have had a few problems since re-format.
    > Last one (for now anyway).
    > IE7 gives me this page every time (not my choice in homepage options)
    > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
    > trouble is, it's just a blue screen so I cannot do anything to it.
    > I am sure it is the one-off IE7 settings screen, but it doesn't display any
    > settings!
    >
    > Any idea
    >
    > Nick

    I had that same problem myself--until I uninstalled, then reinstalled,
    IE7. Yes, you can actually uninstall it--it just takes you back to IE6
    when you do, since apparently IE6 is never removed in the process of the
    upgrade.

    Hope this helps!

    AnonyMouse, Oct 29, 2006
  7. beenthere wrote:

    > "NOTTNICK" <> wrote:
    >> OK you'll have seen I have had a few problems since re-format. Last
    >> one (for now anyway). IE7 gives me this page every time (not my
    >> choice in homepage options) http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
    >> trouble is, it's just a blue screen so I cannot do anything to it. I
    >> am sure it is the one-off IE7 settings screen, but it doesn't
    >> display any settings!

    > Make www.google.com your home page !.

    That probably won't work. Apparently, upon the first startup of IE7, it
    *must* go to that page to do something silly like activate itself. Or
    keep the Microsoft Counter happy. Or some other silly Microsoft reason.

    Pick another browser (Opera or Firefox for example), turn off
    JavaScript, go to the above page, view source, and look at the miles of
    JavaScript there, just waiting for you... :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 29, 2006
  8. NOTTNICK

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > beenthere wrote:
    >
    >> "NOTTNICK" <> wrote:
    >>> OK you'll have seen I have had a few problems since re-format. Last
    >>> one (for now anyway). IE7 gives me this page every time (not my
    >>> choice in homepage options) http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
    >>> trouble is, it's just a blue screen so I cannot do anything to it. I
    >>> am sure it is the one-off IE7 settings screen, but it doesn't
    >>> display any settings!

    >> Make www.google.com your home page !.

    > That probably won't work. Apparently, upon the first startup of IE7, it
    > *must* go to that page to do something silly like activate itself. Or
    > keep the Microsoft Counter happy. Or some other silly Microsoft reason.
    >
    > Pick another browser (Opera or Firefox for example), turn off
    > JavaScript, go to the above page, view source, and look at the miles of
    > JavaScript there, just waiting for you... :)

    I think people are starting to get sick of being suggested to switch to
    Firefox, Linux, Thunderbird, etc. or any of those other alternates
    whenever they mention a problem with a Microsoft product. The alternates
    have problems of their own, and there are some people who just don't
    want them. No offense intended towards the users of alternates, however:
    I myself am a Thunderbird user for both mail and news. But I don't think
    switching to a non-Microsoft product is the solution for every problem
    out there.

    AnonyMouse, Oct 30, 2006
  9. NOTTNICK

    Scoresby Guest

    Michael Cargill wrote:
    > "Scoresby" wrote
    > >>
    > >> Any idea
    > >>

    > > Install Firefox 2.0 and become extremely happy?
    > >
    > > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    > In any other industry, this sort of answer would be treated with the
    > contempt that it deserves.

    Welcome to usenet.

    Scoresby, Oct 30, 2006
  10. AnonyMouse wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> beenthere wrote:

    >>> Make www.google.com your home page !.

    >> That probably won't work. Apparently, upon the first startup of IE7,
    >> it *must* go to that page to do something silly like activate
    >> itself. Or keep the Microsoft Counter happy. Or some other silly
    >> Microsoft reason.
    >>
    >> Pick another browser (Opera or Firefox for example), turn off
    >> JavaScript, go to the above page, view source, and look at the miles
    >> of JavaScript there, just waiting for you... :)

    > I think people are starting to get sick of being suggested to switch
    > to Firefox, Linux, Thunderbird, etc. or any of those other alternates
    > whenever they mention a problem with a Microsoft product. The
    > alternates have problems of their own, and there are some people who
    > just don't want them. No offense intended towards the users of
    > alternates, however: I myself am a Thunderbird user for both mail and
    > news. But I don't think switching to a non-Microsoft product is the
    > solution for every problem out there.

    I didn't say switch, but said 'use another browser to view the page
    source.' For those who were interested to see what it does.

    It has already been mentioned that the above 'runonce' page's server(s)
    has been quite busy and hangs up, thereby preventing the user from
    proceeding further with the use of the browser. Apparently, there is no
    way around it.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 30, 2006
  11. NOTTNICK

    ToyalP2 Guest

    Click on VIEW then Source and you will see the HTML that makes that page

    ToyalP2, Nov 5, 2006