    There are bootleg versions hanging around for x86 (don't wanna risk my PC
    with those!).

    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 24, 2006

  2. Get the x64 version from Microsoft:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...1D-AA5D-445A-AD03-A6E86B7EB410&displaylang=en

    --
    Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
    P4 3.73 GHz EE
    RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
    2GB DDR2-800MHz@5-4-4-9-5
    GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
    Samsung 24"
    Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
    5049 3DMarks 06
    LAN 100/100

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 24, 2006

  3. Carlos:
    Sandi-MVP from internetexplorer. general groups listed the following links
    at 11:27 AM this morning. The links that you posted are for x64, but X86 is
    listed at the bottom of the page.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/08/24/108922.aspx (Sandi’
    blog)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...41-2907-4415-8f72-da7c2c2ace09&DisplayLang=en
    (x86)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...1d-aa5d-445a-ad03-a6e86b7eb410&DisplayLang=en
    (x64)

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 24, 2006
  4. Carlos:
    I forgot to say WELCOME BACK, I'm glad that you had a great
    vacation. I'll be installing IE7RC1 this afternoon to see how big a mess
    that I can make before it works.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 24, 2006
  5. Carlos:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/08/24/714977.aspx as an
    excelent installation guide.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 24, 2006
  6. blogs.msdn appears to be down. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Was there when I looked. Thanks Dennis :)

    John Barnes, Aug 24, 2006
  8. No problems with the instllation on my x86 and x64 systems today. You sure
    can't describe it as a silent install, but no issues. The installer
    uninstalls IE7b3 just fine and you don't even have to close the browser
    first. When the installation is finally done (after two restarts and quite
    a bit of activity) IE7rc1 will be just as you left IE7b3; the same tabs
    open, same settings, everything the same.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 24, 2006
  9. Yeah, they got it back pretty quickly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Kevin B. Guest

    Does RC1 means that the software is no longer a "beta" software and
    therefore can be used safely? Thanks.

    Kevin B., Aug 24, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Ivan Guest

    No, It's means Release Candidate 1, still is a beta not a final version. Handle with care.

    --
    Ivan

    Ivan, Aug 24, 2006
  12. No. Release Candidate 1 is still prerelease software and not supported by
    Microsoft in the event your data is in jeopardy.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 25, 2006