    cannot reinstall IE6 over IE7 because it says there is a newer version of IE
    installed, setup will now discontinue. My daughter has a MAC. She has no
    problems. MS is beginning to piss me off.

    JFL, Nov 8, 2006

  2. "JFL" <> loquaciously articulated in
    news:Etp4h.1275$Es5.1106@trnddc07:

    > I cannot delete IE7. It does not appear in the 'add/remove'
    > programs, when I uncheck it from 'add windows components' on the
    > left side of the control panel it still doesn't go away. With IE6
    > I used to be able to post and reply to messages on my.yahoo home
    > page news stories. Now since i 'upgraded to ie7 from ie 6 I cannot
    > do this. IE 7 sucks. I would like to get rid of ie7 and go back to
    > ie 6 yet i cannot. What is microsoft's problem??????????? I
    > cannot reinstall IE6 over IE7 because it says there is a newer
    > version of IE installed, setup will now discontinue. My daughter
    > has a MAC. She has no problems. MS is beginning to piss me off.

    It says "Windows Internet Explorer 7"

    --

    At first I thought, if I were Superman,
    a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist,"

    But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?"
    and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said,
    "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say,
    "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say,
    "Aw *skrewwwhh* *you* -- get outta here,"
    and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 8, 2006

  3. JFL wrote:

    > I cannot delete IE7. It does not appear in the 'add/remove' programs,
    > when I uncheck it from 'add windows components' on the left side of
    > the control panel it still doesn't go away.

    Others have posted there is a link or button in XP's Add/Remove Programs
    that shows Windows Updates, which are hidden from the normal view.

    > With IE6 I used to be able to post and reply to messages on my.yahoo
    > home page news stories. Now since i 'upgraded to ie7 from ie 6 I
    > cannot do this. IE 7 sucks. I would like to get rid of ie7 and go
    > back to ie 6 yet i cannot.

    No, you cannot install an older version on top of it. This applies to
    almost all software, not just IE.

    > What is microsoft's problem???????????

    Sorry, there are not enough hours left in the day to begin to describe.
    Try Google.

    "Results 1 - 10 of about 4,650,000 for What is microsofts problem. (0.32
    seconds)"

    > I cannot reinstall IE6 over IE7 because it says there is a newer
    > version of IE installed, setup will now discontinue.

    See above about versions.

    > My daughter has a MAC. She has no problems.

    She has no *Windows* problems. <g>

    > MS is beginning to piss me off.

    Just beginning? <lol!>
    http://www.ubuntu.com/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 8, 2006
  4. JFL

    Clogwog Guest

    JFL wrote:
    > I cannot delete IE7. It does not appear in the 'add/remove' programs,
    > when I uncheck it from 'add windows components' on the left side of
    > the control panel it still doesn't go away. With IE6 I used to be
    > able to post and reply to messages on my.yahoo home page news
    > stories. Now since i 'upgraded to ie7 from ie 6 I cannot do this. IE
    > 7 sucks. I would like to get rid of ie7 and go back to ie 6 yet i
    > cannot. What is microsoft's problem??????????? I cannot reinstall
    > IE6 over IE7 because it says there is a newer version of IE
    > installed, setup will now discontinue. My daughter has a MAC. She has
    > no problems. MS is beginning to piss me off.

    To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows
    XP
    Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
    Click "Add or Remove Programs."
    Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that
    you are running,

    Clogwog, Nov 8, 2006
  5. JFL

    JFL Guest

    it does not say windows explorer 7 is says windows explorer
    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns987584799F27CWiZEERD@216.151.153.21...

    JFL, Nov 8, 2006
  6. JFL

    JFL Guest

    show updates button is checked and internet explorer 7 is still not on the
    list

    JFL, Nov 8, 2006
  7. JFL

    JFL Guest

    Thanks to all for the posts. I got it and deleted the pos IE7. FREE AT LAST,
    FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST.

    JFL, Nov 8, 2006
  8. JFL

    Clogwog Guest

    JFL wrote:
    > show updates button is checked and internet explorer 7 is still not
    > on the list

    If you cannot find Internet Explorer 7 in Add or Remove Programs, click
    Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then press
    ENTER.
    Note: %windir% is the location of your Windows directory, which can usually
    be found at C:\Windows. To do this, you need to have "view hidden folders"
    enabled.

    Clogwog, Nov 8, 2006
  9. JFL

    Clogwog Guest

    JFL wrote:
    > Thanks to all for the posts. I got it and deleted the pos IE7. FREE
    > AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST.

    Get a *real* browser: Opera!

    Clogwog, Nov 8, 2006
  10. >> "JFL" <> graciously delineated in

    >>> I cannot delete IE7. It does not appear in the 'add/remove'
    >>> programs, when I uncheck it from 'add windows components' on the
    >>> left side of the control panel it still doesn't go away. With
    >>> IE6 I used to be able to post and reply to messages on my.yahoo
    >>> home page news stories. Now since i 'upgraded to ie7 from ie 6 I
    >>> cannot do this. IE 7 sucks. I would like to get rid of ie7 and
    >>> problem??????????? I cannot reinstall IE6 over IE7 because it
    >>> says there is a newer version of IE installed, setup will now
    >>> discontinue. My daughter has a MAC. She has no problems. MS is
    >>> beginning to piss me off.

    > "Bucky Breeder" <>
    > wrote in message news:Xns987584799F27CWiZEERD@216.151.153.21...
    >>
    >> It says "Windows Internet Explorer 7"

    "JFL" <> snorted and snarled in

    > it does not say windows explorer 7 is says windows explorer

    MmmKay! With that little "e" and the gold ring 'round it. You can
    *believe* Microsoft is *not* going to allow you to delete Windows
    Explorer, but not just because they're trying to piss *you* off... it's
    because it's an essential cog to their plan to take over the world.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 8, 2006
  11. JFL

    Fred Guest

    "JFL" <> wrote in message
    >I cannot delete IE7. It does not appear in the 'add/remove' programs, when
    >I uncheck it from 'add windows components' on the left side of the control
    >panel it still doesn't go away. With IE6 I used to be able to post and
    >reply to messages on my.yahoo home page news stories. Now since i 'upgraded
    >to ie7 from ie 6 I cannot do this. IE 7 sucks. I would like to get rid of
    >ie7 and go back to ie 6 yet i cannot. What is microsoft's
    >problem??????????? I cannot reinstall IE6 over IE7 because it says there
    >is a newer version of IE installed, setup will now discontinue. My daughter
    >has a MAC. She has no problems. MS is beginning to piss me off.

    I installed IE 7 but did not like the clear type font. (I've since found how
    to change it) But all I did was restore the computer to a time before I
    istalled IE 7, and hey-presto! IE 6 was back.

    Fred, Nov 8, 2006