    I prefer the Windows Classic view, but IE7 moves away from that so I do not
    like it for that reason. Are there any compelling reasons to get over myself
    and join the new decade?
    Jeff Strickland, Jan 19, 2009

  2. Jeff Strickland

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    news:gl2ena$h9h$...
    > I've resisted all efforts to get upgraded to IE7. I have several
    > machines -- wife, kids, kid's second, and so on -- and some have IE7 but
    > I keep my machine in my office with IE6.
    >
    > Frankly, my main issue with IE7 is the presentation. (I dislike Vista for
    > pretty much the same reason ...)
    >
    > I prefer the Windows Classic view, but IE7 moves away from that so I do
    > not like it for that reason. Are there any compelling reasons to get over
    > myself and join the new decade?

    I'm with you : I don't like the look if IE7/ Mail. Especially the SEARCH
    field in the IE7 toolbar - that's my real estate and I'd like to keep it. If
    I wanted a search area, I'd have gone with Google's. When I finally HAVE to
    upgrade, I'll probably go with an alternative to IE ( Firefox, Thunderbird
    etc )
    - Bobb -, Jan 20, 2009

  3. Jeff Strickland

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Jan 20, 3:08 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > > I've resisted all efforts to get upgraded to IE7. I have several
    > > machines --  wife, kids, kid's second, and so on -- and some have IE7 but
    > > I keep my machine in my office with IE6.

    > > Frankly, my main issue with IE7 is the presentation. (I dislike Vista for
    > > pretty much the same reason ...)

    > > I prefer the Windows Classic view, but IE7 moves away from that so I do
    > > not like it for that reason. Are there any compelling reasons to get over
    > > myself and join the new decade?

    > I'm with you : I don't like the look if IE7/ Mail.  Especially the SEARCH
    > field in the IE7 toolbar - that's my real estate and I'd like to keep it. If
    > I wanted a search area, I'd have gone with Google's.  When I finally HAVE to
    > upgrade, I'll probably go with an alternative to IE ( Firefox, Thunderbird
    > etc )

    IE7 or 8 or Firefox (don't walk run from IE6)
    gnu / linux, Jan 23, 2009