IE7 hangs randomly

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RaY, Dec 8, 2007.

  1. RaY

    RaY Guest

    Hi.

    For no apparent reason ie7 keeps randomly hanging.

    The error msg:
    szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16544 szModName :
    hungapp
    szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

    I've googled this but most results are not in English.
    I have tried reinstalling but no change.

    Has anyone else experienced this and resolved the problem.

    Thanks in advance.

    Running xp pro. sp2.
    duel core 3 ghz
    1500 mb Ram
    RaY, Dec 8, 2007

  2. RaY wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > For no apparent reason ie7 keeps randomly hanging.

    Nothing new at all.

    > The error msg:
    > szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16544 szModName :
    > hungapp
    > szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

    IE7 still appears to be a single-threaded application. In fact, it will not
    be possible to click anywhere while it's waiting for a reply from a site.
    Notice this everytime when - at w0rkplace with a proxy - that one isn't
    setup correctly. I have to press the stop button to be able to go to
    internet options and set the proxy. Then, when clicking for a refresh of
    the site, it still displays "interrupted". Most of the times it is
    necessary to close IE and restart it. Damn bad design.
    While, with firefox, I can select all the menu and connection settings and
    do what must be done, and afterwards it will work.

    > Has anyone else experienced this and resolved the problem.

    Use a better browser. You may as well search the "programs" section of IE
    properties, for stale/suspicious activeX plugins or others, and try to
    disable one or the other.

    > Running xp pro. sp2.
    > duel core 3 ghz

    Ah ... maybe the reason for your problems is the cores are duelling :))
    wisdomkiller & pain, Dec 9, 2007

  3. RaY

    Jim S Guest

    On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 18:46:30 +0000, RaY wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > For no apparent reason ie7 keeps randomly hanging.
    >
    > The error msg:
    > szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16544 szModName :
    > hungapp
    > szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
    >
    > I've googled this but most results are not in English.
    > I have tried reinstalling but no change.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this and resolved the problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >

    > Running xp pro. sp2.
    > duel core 3 ghz
    > 1500 mb Ram

    Using a similar setup to yours I have a similar problem.
    It certainly happens if too many tabs are opened at once.
    Most of the time I use Firefox, partly because it's almost bulletproof and
    partly because of the silly toolbars in IE7.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Dec 9, 2007
  4. RaY

    chuckcar Guest

    wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote in

    > IE7 still appears to be a single-threaded application. In fact, it
    > will not be possible to click anywhere while it's waiting for a reply
    > from a site. Notice this everytime when - at w0rkplace with a proxy -
    > that one isn't setup correctly. I have to press the stop button to be
    > able to go to internet options and set the proxy. Then, when clicking
    > for a refresh of the site, it still displays "interrupted". Most of
    > the times it is necessary to close IE and restart it. Damn bad design.
    > While, with firefox, I can select all the menu and connection settings
    > and do what must be done, and afterwards it will work.

    You're kidding! what a piece of junk.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 10, 2007