IE7 for the World

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Theo, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. Theo

    Theo Guest

    Found at:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/18/ie7-for-the-world.aspx

    IE7 for the World

    Now that we’ve released IE7 in English, I want to update
    everyone on our plans for other languages. The short version
    is that we will be releasing IE7 in all languages available
    for each version of Windows – twenty-four fully localized
    languages in total. In two to three weeks, we’ll ship the
    Arabic, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish
    language versions. The remaining languages will be released
    in phases between November and January. I’ve listed the set
    of fully localized languages by operating system and
    platform below.

    In addition to these full language versions, we will release
    the Multi-language User Interface (MUI) version in January,
    and the fifty-five Windows XP Professional Language
    Interface Pack (LIP) versions of Internet Explorer 7 after
    that. You can find more information on the Windows
    Multilanguage User Interface (MUI) Version and Windows XP
    Professional Language Interface Pack (LIP) at
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/muizone.mspx

    Tony Chor
    Group Program Manager

    Theo, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Honestly I am not impressed that this is being proliferated. Yes, I
    have a small chip on my shoulder - I seem to have an IE7 problem
    unique to my system, but it (X64 32 bit) crashes as often as not when I
    try to exit with multiple tabs open. I uninstalled and reinstalled to
    no avail. OTOH Firefox is totally reliable.

    Whether my problem is unique or not, there have been sufficient error
    reports put in over the last months so IE7 should be patched by now and
    able to protect itself from other vendors products, or even other
    Microsoft products. That the problkem is multiple tabs open with
    <something> happening should not be black magic to fix.

    Computers101 SHOULD teach that an operating system's primary goal
    should be to protect itself from the user. The corollary is that basic
    applications should protect themselves also. Nobody at MS seems to
    have ever taken such advice to heart :-(

    Computerflyer, Jan 10, 2007