    Please can anyone help?

    Thanks
    JB
    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Jayne Beaumont

    squaddie Guest

    "Jayne Beaumont" <> wrote in message
    news:TdMyh.256155$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > this problem is really getting on my nerves.
    >
    > I want to change my home page but when I go into Tools->Internet Options,
    > the buttons 'Use current', 'Use default' and 'Use blank' are all greyed
    > out and there is a message at the bottom of the tab saying "Some settings
    > are managed by your system administrator."
    >
    > I have looked all over the internet and have tried many things to resolve
    > this including:
    >
    > I have un-installed IE7 and re-installed it, no joy.
    > I have run Spybot which detected a few problems and fixed them, no joy.
    > Looking in the registry as per suggestions I have found on the internet,
    > no joy.

    "Some settings are managed by your system administrator."

    Log in as Administrator, when you start up your machine.
    Not as a user.
    squaddie, Feb 8, 2007

  3. I am logged in as administrator.

    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 8, 2007
  4. Jayne Beaumont

    West Alarm Guest

    On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:02:35 GMT, "Jayne Beaumont"
    <> wrote:

    >I've set up another admin account, logged in with it and was able to change
    >home page.
    >
    >Does this mean I need to delete my old admin account and use the new one?

    Make sure you "take ownership" of the old account's files before you
    do.
    West Alarm, Feb 8, 2007
  5. Jayne Beaumont

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use my Home Page reset utility it should work.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/homepgreset.zip

    pcbutts1, Feb 9, 2007