    that fixed the problem. WMP 10 was able to access the net normally. Upon
    re-installation of IE7, WMP 10 is now again unable to access the net.

    Any solutions, workarounds or patches? Please Help.
    =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=, May 13, 2006

  2. Nikhil wrote:
    > After the installation of IE7 Beta 2 on my Win XP Pro x64 SP1 machine, WMP10
    > which was preloaded with the OS is unable to access the internet (even after
    > i keep clicking on "Connect the Player"). I uninstalled IE7 and surprizingly
    > that fixed the problem. WMP 10 was able to access the net normally. Upon
    > re-installation of IE7, WMP 10 is now again unable to access the net.
    >
    > Any solutions, workarounds or patches? Please Help.

    We'll just have to wait for them to fix IE7, I suppose.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, May 13, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=

    BenQ Guest

    "Nikhil" <> wrote in message
    > After the installation of IE7 Beta 2 on my Win XP Pro x64 SP1 machine,
    > WMP10
    > which was preloaded with the OS is unable to access the internet (even
    > after
    > i keep clicking on "Connect the Player"). I uninstalled IE7 and
    > surprizingly
    > that fixed the problem. WMP 10 was able to access the net normally. Upon
    > re-installation of IE7, WMP 10 is now again unable to access the net.
    >
    > Any solutions, workarounds or patches? Please Help.

    As far as I know, no good solutions to IE7 beta. I, too, had to uninstall
    IE7 because, every Microsoft beta is crap that robs you of valuable time.
    Mr. Gates would like his software debugged for free by chipheads like us.
    Firefox looks pretty good now, and probably better when it goes 64 bit.
    BenQ, May 13, 2006
  4. Well, a beta is an opportunity for you to make an impact on a products
    development. Removing the beta, calling it crap, not submitting reports,
    taking your anger out on Bill Gates is not gonna make it any better.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2006
  5. Nikhil:

    I'm running x64 with IE7B2 and I haven't had any problems
    accessing the web, music or videos. A possible cause is your security
    settings in IE, my settings are custom but not high.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 13, 2006
  6. BenQ:

    A beta of any product isn't a finished product. If you expect
    everything to work flawlessly out of the box, you should wait for the
    finished product so that you could complain about your expectations and
    realities then. Using a beta is optional and helps in molding the final
    product. You don't have to use a beta just because it's there unless you
    enjoy finding things to complain about instead of properly reporting bugs
    when they're found.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 13, 2006
  7. Andre:
    I like your reply, it's more direct than mine.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 13, 2006
  8. Thank you. :)

    Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=

    BenQ Guest

    > Well, a beta is an opportunity for you to make an impact on a products
    > development. Removing the beta, calling it crap, not submitting reports,
    > taking your anger out on Bill Gates is not gonna make it any better.

    As I said before, I am very happy with Firefox. For one, it's safe. If you
    wish to make an impact on Microsoft products, be my guest :) As far as I am
    concerned, I trust you, and others like you, will do a good job on your own
    time debugging software for Microsoft :)
    BenQ, May 14, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=

    BenQ Guest

    > BenQ:
    >
    > A beta of any product isn't a finished product. If you expect
    > everything to work flawlessly out of the box, you should wait for the
    > finished product so that you could complain about your expectations and
    > realities then. Using a beta is optional and helps in molding the final
    > product. You don't have to use a beta just because it's there unless you
    > enjoy finding things to complain about

    Yea buddy! I love complaining! I hated to see OS/2 croak. It was a true real
    time OS, unlike Windows. I can't remember IBM ever giving us betas, now that
    is class.
    BenQ, May 14, 2006
  11. The reason why IBM never had betas for OS\2 was simply because they were the
    only ones using it while every other OEM chose Windows. Now doesn't tell you
    something? ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 15, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=

    Guest Guest

    ADC [Sun, 14 May 2006 19:10:09 -0700]:
    >The reason why IBM never had betas for OS\2 was simply because they were the
    >only ones using it while every other OEM chose Windows. Now doesn't tell you
    >something? ;)

    Sure, there were betas. The OS/2 v2.0 beta cost you
    a cool $2500 (from MS), and a bit more from IBM. These
    betas came by the boxload, though, and very often. This
    was around 1991/1992. I'd say most OEMs were using DOS.
    This was back when machines only really had 1 MB of RAM,
    and OS/2 needed quite a bit more. NT needed twice what
    OS/2 needed. Win3.0 could do with a lot less. RAM cost
    a pretty penny back then. If you were in IBM's developer
    program, lots of betas in that, and the employee-written
    software was more or less beta material, only without a
    $ gain at the end, often withered on the vine. OS/2 was
    much better than win3 and win95 (both those Windows were
    DOS-based, you know, and that was a pretty bad base to be
    on). NT became better than OS/2. Some say Linux (pick
    a distribution) will do the same to MS's Windows. It
    might.

    --
    40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
    iPlay : the ultimate audio player for mobiles
    Guest, May 15, 2006
  13. "OS/2 wasmuch better than win3 and win95 (both those Windows were DOS-based,
    you know, and that was a pretty bad base to be on). "

    From what I have seen, I would say Windows 95 had a lot more going for it
    than OS\2 could ever dream. What won corporate users over to NT was really
    the consistency across the product line, it shared the same interface as
    Windows 3x on top of the NT kernel, used the same Office apps, developer
    tools (Win32) and bundled pretty much all of what Novell and Bayan Vines was
    charging for. NT 4 and 95 was pretty much the nail in the coffin for OS\2.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 17, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=

    Guest Guest

    ADC [Tue, 16 May 2006 18:25:45 -0700]:
    >From what I have seen, I would say Windows 95 had a lot more going for it
    >than OS\2 could ever dream

    Win9x was nothing more than MS-DOS with a
    tacked on GUI and memory manager, and a
    file system designed for floppy disks.
    That is exactly what it was. That is not,
    in case you don't know, a good thing. What
    has any of this to do with anything though?

    Guest, May 17, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TmlraGls?=

    Raj Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > ADC [Tue, 16 May 2006 18:25:45 -0700]:
    > >From what I have seen, I would say Windows 95 had a lot more going for it
    > >than OS\2 could ever dream

    > Win9x was nothing more than MS-DOS with a
    > tacked on GUI and memory manager, and a
    > file system designed for floppy disks.
    > That is exactly what it was. That is not,
    > in case you don't know, a good thing. What
    > has any of this to do with anything though?

    I think the above post is fabricated at best and has nothing whatsoever to
    do with anything except perhaps the fact that the person who posted it is
    addicted to crazy glue vapors. Don't worry about it. The Internet is full of
    these perverts..
    Raj, May 18, 2006