    information, more than guesswork like me?

    Cheers, cheese.
    , May 18, 2006

  2. If you want to use Vista then get ready for a complete re-education in using
    Windows. It does not resemble XP or other versions of Windows except
    superficially. You will also learn that customization for speed increase is not
    an easy thing to accomplish in many areas.

    --
    George (Bindar Dundat©)
    http://dundats.mvps.org

    George \(Bindar Dundat\), May 18, 2006

  3. Doesn't have anything to do with bitlocker. That's a not on all, or even
    most, SKUs.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  4. PA Bear Guest

    Please post your IE7/Vista queries to this newsgroup:
    microsoft.beta.longhorn.ie
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

    PA Bear, May 19, 2006
  5. Bitlocker deals with hardware encryption and your hardware has to meet the
    TPM 1.2 requirements.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 19, 2006
  6. Its in Ultimate and Enterprise. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 19, 2006
  7. correct. _as it stands now_. Given that we're still a ways away...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2006
  8. He may NOT be a Microsoft Beta Tester, considering the fact that Build 5308
    CTP is also available to MSDN Subscriber's (OS Level and Higher), and Build
    5308 CTP is also available to Tech Net Plus Subscriber's as well. You
    should instead direct him to go to Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista.General,
    just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, May 19, 2006
  9. Guest

    Correct - I'm not a beta tester, but I have an MSDN subscription.
    I'll try on the Vista newsgroup, thanks guys.

    In reponse to George: "It does not resemble XP or other versions of
    Windows except
    superficially." - actually very little appears to have changed from XP
    even "under the hood". Sure there are new features and better user
    privilege management, but essentially its the same basic structure
    we've had since NT5. Which is good news for developers like me! I've
    had no problems so far porting my kernel drivers to Vista 64bit.
    , May 20, 2006