    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64
    Office Professional Plus 2007
    Dennis Pack, Nov 10, 2007

  2. Dennis - I know we're supposed to be past this, but I wonder if something
    has caused that old nemesis of ours to raise its ugly head - the nVidia
    built in firmware firewall. All the apps having trouble appear to be 32-bit
    apps. (And, of course, you don't specify if this is an nvidia chipset
    board).

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2007

  3. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Charlie:
    Thanks for reminding me about the Nvidia Firewall. I'm still using
    Nvidia mother boards and video cards, just staying away from the high price
    stuff that can't afford for at least another year. I removed the Nvidia
    monitor which is the closest place to where the firewall was, no change in
    response. I copied the Internet Explorer files from Program Files (x86) on a
    working enterprise system also no change in response. Currently I'm
    performing a drive decryption to remove BitLocker so that I can run an in
    place upgrade from the DVD. I'm not worried about losing data because it's
    on a different hard drive plus it's backed up with Retrospect and Acronis. I
    haven't done a system image with Acronis to test it yet and hope that WHS
    will be getting a 64-bit connector soon. Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Nov 10, 2007
  4. Before you do a full restore, try installing and uninstalling the firewall.
    Just on the off chance that something tickled the firmware bits that we've
    had so much trouble with.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2007