    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    http://msmvps.com/xpditif
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Maybe IE 32 is working offline thats why he's unable to browse.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005

  3. Known problem with NVIDEA firewall. Even though the user never enables it,
    one still sees this problem. Workaround that we've seen here is to install
    the firewall if it hasn't already been installed, and then un-install it.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > Known problem with NVIDEA firewall. Even though the user never
    > enables it, one still sees this problem. Workaround that we've seen
    > here is to install the firewall if it hasn't already been installed,
    > and then un-install it.

    Gee.... I should know that one... you're right Charlie, thanks buddy....

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > Known problem with NVIDEA firewall. Even though the user never
    > enables it, one still sees this problem. Workaround that we've seen
    > here is to install the firewall if it hasn't already been installed,
    > and then un-install it.
    >
    > Christian Hougardy wrote:
    >> Seen on windowsxp french group.
    >> The guy is able to use IE64 but IE32 do not connect to the web.
    >> Any reason ? any idea ? help welcome.
    >> Thanks

    It was indeed the firewall. He's happy, so am I :)
    Thanks Charlie

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Curious - was it an uninstalled firewall again? Or had he installed it.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > Curious - was it an uninstalled firewall again? Or had he installed
    > it.

    He said something about WinFW asking to block appache http... needed to
    setup the nvidia FW. As I don't use it, I can't say more about it. Anyway,
    he made a repair and fixed the fw issue. So far, so good....

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 3, 2005