    the LAN setting is no boxes are checked. Tried to check the LAN setting box
    "automatically detect settings" and that made no difference.

    Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

    Paul DeVivo, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Here are a few trouble shooting tips:
    Get to your command prompt of your new computer by typing "cmd" in the run
    panal.
    from what you have written, your wireless is already assigning you an IP but
    we need to find out if its has connection to the internet.
    Assuming you are connected wirelessly to your router, type "ping
    www.google.com" in the command prompt.
    If you are connected to Internet, you will get a reply and it means the
    problem lies with your IE explorer settings.
    If you get a destinantion host unreacheble, means the problem lies in your
    wireless network.
    hope that brings you one step closer to solving your probs.
    cheers!

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZW5peHg=?=, Mar 5, 2005

  3. Paul DeVivo

    Paul DeVivo Guest

    Tried the obvious, finally. Took out the OEM wireless card and installed a
    Linksys wireless card. Everything works fine now.

    Paul DeVivo, Mar 9, 2005