    2000 cd as it 'needs to install fonts'.
    Anyone know why it's doing this and how I can get around it? I can't open
    these sites and don't have a cd.

    JJ, Apr 13, 2008

  2. JJ

    JJ Guest

    "JJ" <> wrote in message
    news:AstMj.19580$2...

    > Certain sites I try to open give rise to IE6 asking me for the MS Office
    > 2000 cd as it 'needs to install fonts'...

    .....'when I click any file with the .html extension.

    JJ, Apr 13, 2008

  3. JJ wrote:

    > Certain sites I try to open give rise to IE6 asking me for the MS
    > Office 2000 cd as it 'needs to install fonts'. Anyone know why it's
    > doing this and how I can get around it? I can't open these sites and
    > don't have a cd.

    Did you look through the options?

    1. Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > click Custom Level button,
    scroll down to Font Download and click Disable

    2. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Firefox or Opera, and stop
    worrying about it, and be more secure as well.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 13, 2008